𝓡𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽 𝓖𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝔀 (𝓡𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽)

Requested by madithenerd14 it probably won't make ya cry.

*I am using the name Madison for this imagine. In this imagine, Robert is about to leave to go be apart of the 54th regiment (54th Massachusetts Infantry). Madison learns some news, and has to say goodbye to Robert again.*

"Cabot, are you almost ready?" Robert asks, sounding a little annoyed because Cabot is taking a bit too long. "Yes, your majesty" Cabot sarcastically says. Robert glares at Cabot, but they laugh it off. "You sure you're ready for this?" Cabot asks Robert. Robert looks at him nervously, but he hesitantly nods his head yes. He even does his best to confidently smile, but he's not 100% confident.

Madison overheard the two gentlemen getting ready to leave for the war. She quickly runs up to Robert, and she jumps into his arms. Robert wasn't expecting that, and he holds onto Madison tightly as well as herself. Madison buries her face in the crook of Robert's neck, trying not to cry and stay strong. "It's gonna be alright, Madison" Robert whispers in her ear, running his fingers through her hair in a comforting way.

She starts crying, she loves this man with all her heart. She feels afraid for him, especially after hearing about what had happened to him in the battle of Antietam. "Robert, y-you just got back. I c-can't g-go through this again!" she says as she sobs, choking up on her words a bit.  "Madison, listen to me. You need to have faith and stay strong for me" Robert whispers. Madison looks up at Robert, making eye contact with him now. Her face looks puffy and red. Tears are pouring out of her eyes. It kills Robert inside to see her get like this! "I-I don't know if I-" Madison begins to say, but Robert immediately cuts her off.

"No, you can. You can do it, Madison. You've done it before, just like I have been to war before. We can both do this" Robert calmly tells her. Madison stares into Robert's eyes, not wanting to let him go. "You could die" she says scared. "Madison, I could have died before. But you could have gone crazy just from my absence. We are both strong and brave enough to get through this. You understand?" Robert reassuringly tells her.

Madison hesitantly nods her head. "R-Robert, I..." she stops talking. Robert looks at her curiously, and he also wipes away a few of her tears. "What is it?" He asks her. "I-I been having feelings for you...f-for a w-while now" Madison manages to get her words out. Robert looks at her, surprised for a moment, but he then slowly smiles at her. "You too, huh?" He says to her. She nods her head, and Robert let's go of his grip on her a little bit.

"Close your eyes" Robert gently commands. Madison does that, and Robert passionately kisses her! Madison opens her eyes wide, she had waiting a long time for this. It appears that Robert has been as well. Madison gives in to the kiss, not wanting to stop because she knows that she may never see him again. "Robert? Robert, we have to go now" Cabot urgently says to Robert, not looking at them because it's pretty awkward for him. Robert doesn't stop though, a couple tears fall from his eyes even as they are closed. But they both need to stay strong.

Robert then pulls away after a moment. He presses his forehead against Madison's. They gaze into each other's eyes lovingly and emotionally. "I love you, Madison. You h-have no idea...how much I do!" he says to her breathlessly. Madison notices a few tears slipping from Robert's beautiful eyes, and she wipes them away. "I love you too" she replies back, her voice cracking a little. They stop hugging each other, Madison hugs Cabot and their other friend Thomas goodbye too. "I'll write to you!" Robert says to Madison, then he waves goodbye...he wishes it didn't have to be this way.