3

Jess POV

"Where have you been?!" Lori yells at Carl straight away and I see that tears are threatening to spill again. "Hey hey. I know your pregnant and stressed and tense." I begin. Lori stares at me, so does everyone else as I begin walking infront of Carl. "But you shouldnt yell at your kids. Go take your anger out on some walkers st the fence. Or having sex." I say being grossed out by the last sentence. I hear Carl laugh from behind me and I playfully slap him. "Just stop shouting all the time. Soon you wont have a voice." I say and everyone looks at me like I just tamed a beast. "Im sorry. Again." She says rubbing her arm. I kive out of the way and she hugs Carl. "What were you doing in the tower?" Maggie asks. "Having sex." I joke and Daryl almost chokes. Maggie stares at me. "Joking. He was crying so I just hugged him for as long as he needed me too." I say to her. She nods and Daryl manages to stop coughing. "Thank you. For both their sakes." Rick says putting his hand on my shoulder. I nod and shrug him off. "Just cuz I hugged him dont mean im up for anyone touching me." I laugh. I then get tackled in a hug by Beth. "Damnit." I swear as I hug her back. "Your so god damn cute." She tells me and I laugh. "No." I just say and leave it at that.

"Dinner." Carol says. "Vension?" I ask smelling the air and letting Beth go. Carol nods and I run into the cafeteria to get first plate. "Thanks Daddy." I say smiling as I sit down. I know only he would manage to get a deer. Everyone then says 'thanks' or 'cheers' to Daryl. Carl sits next to me and Daryl on the other side. Everyone starts their own conversations. "How did you hide your injuries when doing Physical Education?" Carl asks. Lori tries to interrupt. "My adoptive father. Lets call him Dick for any further conversations about it. He said I had an illness and I couldnt do it, he got a fake doctors note too. But I got annoyed that I couldnt do it so I did it anyway and just told them I was insecure so I changed in the toilets." I admit. "I hated P.E." Carl says and I smile. "Why?" I ask. "All the girls would look at me funny. Like I was just a big ball." He says and I smile. He looks at me. "Yeah like that. They looked at me like that." He says looking at me. Lori looks over. "Thats not them thinking your a big ball. They liked you." Lori says smiling. "Haha very funny mum." He growls. I grab his hand and squeeze it. "Shes not wrong. They probably did." I say smiling and letting go of his hand. I continue to eat my vension.

Were back in the cell block and Beth is plaiting my hair again while me and Carl get taught math. "Okay, all you need to know is that three quarters is like 45 minutes of an hour. Which make one quarter what." Lori says. "15 minutes." I say straight away. "I already know all this stuff." I say pointing to the list of subjects. "Really whats 60% of 70?" Lori asks. "42." I answer. "Holy. Okay worsr question on here. 56% of 40." She says. I write down some equations before saying, "22.4" Lori stares at me. "How the." She says speechless. Carl just stares at me in awe. "I may be 12. But I payed attention in class. Maths was my favourite class." I admit. Daryl scoffs. "What was your favourite class dad. Or did you even go to school." I say. "I did and it was P.E because I got to see the popular girls in leggings." He says and I smile knowing he meant checking them out. The men laugh. "I wish I coulda been a popular girl in leggings." I say thinking about how bad lifes gotten. "We gotta get the girl some leggings." Beth says. I giggle a bit which cause Carl to look at me. "What?" I ask tilting my head. "Nothing." He says blushing. I smirk.

We hear gasping and I bolt up pulling on my hair but I dont care. I run to Hershal and see Maggie next to him. Lori rushes in and gives him CPR. Hershals arm goes around her head before me and Maggie pull her away. "Shit." Maggie says. Hershals breathing becomes even again. I leave the cell and go back up to mine and Daryls. I lay down in the bed before I hear loud footsteps. "Hi Dad." I say. "Hey princess. Whats going on between you and Carl." He asks. "Probably some little school crush." I sigh. He lays next to me and laughs. "Dont think its little." Is the the last thing he says before he starts snoring. I lay down looking up at the ceiling. Counting how many dents there are. Soon I let sleep consume me.

I wake up and Daryls gone. I start panicking and shaking remembering last time he did this. "Dad!" I yell and footsteps come into the cell. I see Carl there. "Hey, hey. Its okay. Hes gone to move the cars up here." He explains as I still shake. He tries to sit next to me and calm me down but it wont stop. The memories keeps coming back. "Jess. Jesss." He calls out. I look at him with teary eyes. "Oh Dixon." He says wrapping his arms around me. I lean on him and start to calm down. I breathing becomes even again and soon ive fallen asleep again.

A/n
I love writing out young love. Its so cute.