13

Jess POV

I walk into the cell block and start stripping. "Beth!" I yell and she walks out. "Can you pass me my shorts please." I say trying to get out of my sticky trousers. She nods and chucks them over. I trip over a pant leg but I catch myself. I pull the shorts up and do the button. "Looking hot mama." Maggie says and I laugh. "Anyone have a tank top to?" I say talking the sheriff hat off and then my top, leaving me in a bra. Carl walks in and stops to stare at me. Maggie chucks me a tank top and I put it on. Then I put on the hat. "Stop looking perv." I smirk at Carl as I pass him. He picks up the hat and puts it on his head. I roll my eyes and walk out into the hot sun. I put my new blade in my pocket and my gun in its holder. "I gotta tell Beth." I hear Daryl say to himself. "Hey, dad. Chill. Just say it and then comfort her. If she needs it." I say to him and he nods. "You changed your clothes?" He asks. "Yeah its hot out. Thought id get a tan." I joke and he rolls his eyes. I kiss his cheek and walk off.

I sit on the grass by the horse stable and look up at the clouds. I then roll around in the grass as its so soft. People up at the gates probably think im weird but oh well. I start dancing around and spinning soon I start singing to myself.

I got these fresh eyes, never seen you before like this
My God, you're beautiful
It's like the first time when we open the door
Before we got used to usual

It might seem superficial, stereotypical, man
You dress up just a little and I'm like, "Oh, damn"

So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that he's mine
Now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes
So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that he's mine, yeah
And now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes

Appreciation, well, it comes and it goes
But I, I'll ride that wave with you
It's human nature to miss what's under your nose
'Til you, 'til you remind a fool

I see Carl by the stable and he starts singing with me. Something I thought he would never do. Yet I continue to dance around in the breeze.

Maybe all of this is simple
My heart's unconditional, yeah
You dress up just a little and I'm like, "Oh, damn"

So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that she's mine
Now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes
So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that she's mine, yeah
And now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes

If I could bottle this up, bottle, bottle this up, I would
I would bottle this up, bottle, bottle this up, I would
'Cause you're gorgeous in this moment
If I could bottle this up, I would

He smiles at me and my dancing. I stick my tongue out at him and he just laughs. I notice Maggie and Glenn looking over at us but that doesnt stop us.

So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that she's mine
Now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes
So suddenly I'm in love with a stranger
I can't believe that she's mine, yeah
And now all I see is you with fresh eyes, fresh eyes

I stop dancing and look at Carl he just grins. Maggie and Glenn start clapping quietly. I look over to them and bow and they laugh. I turn back to Carl. "Why do you look like a disappointed dad?" I ask putting my hand on my hip. "I dont know." He says smiling again. I walk up to him and put my hand on his cheek. He leans into it. "Your a great singer." I say smiling and he grins again. We hear that its time to go in and we look and see the sunset. "Lets go." He says.

We walk into the cell block and Rick locks it. "Beth is fine. Just wants to relax." Daryl says to me and I nod. "How was your little musical?" I hear Maggie ask Carl and he blushes. I smile and walk over. "It was great." I say kissing his cheek as I pass to go het into my pjs. I come back down to say goodnight to everyone and then I go to sleep. I wake up and go outside and hear groans from the other cell block. I run back into our cell block. "WALKERS IN D!" I yell and immediately everyone is up. I lead them there and we unlock the door and see walkers. We start killing them all. The last one comes up behind me so I stab it through the chin. Lizzie and Miks rush over to me crying. "Its okay." I say holding onto them. Luke and Molly rush over too. Carol comes over and takes them. I go up to where Daryls standing. "Patrick." I say bring my hand to mouth. They talk about how he died. Some kind of flu. I follow Rick outside and he gets squished by Carl. "Carl stay away from us. Weve been exposed, could be infected. Its a flu." Rick says. Carl looks to me and I smile weakly. He shakes his head like he does care and breaks from Maggies grasp and hugs me. Lifting me off the ground slightly. I laugh and I hug him back. "Be careful." I say smiling. "Now step back. 1 hug a day okay." I say frowning and he nods stepping back. "No more guard tower dates." He frowns and I nod sadly. We always used to stay up late watching the stars, just laying with each other.