5 Mom? (2/6)

"Hmm," Luster mumbled to herself as her classmates raised from their seats and made their way out of class. Her class with Ms. Applebloom had concluded, but Luster was left baffled throughout the course of her lecture. Not of the content of the lesson, no, but of its purpose.

Luster was to last to raise from her seat as Ms. Applebloom was erasing the markings she made on the chalkboard. Ms. Applebloom turned to meet Luster's way when her student called for her.

"Ms. Applebloom," Luster started.

"Luster Dawn, right?" Applebloom responded. "Starlight did say you a bit of a bookworm. Come to ask for some more answered questions I reckon."

"I won't deny that," Luster admitted. "There are plenty of things that caught my attention in your lecture. But my main question would be, how does it all matter to friendship?"

"Is that what's been eatin at ya?" Applebloom asked.

"Well, it's a bit difficult for me to link friendship with potion-making. Where would a creature attempt to apply the concept?"

"Likely never," Applebloom answered. "But I think it's a fun topic to teach creatures who are interested and the course does encourage student collaborations for upcoming projects. You see where friendship plays now, don't ya?"

"I've done potion-making before, but never with another pony. I hope I can find some creature that can keep up with me."

"Well aren't you confident in your skills," Applebloom smiled. "If that's the case, you're going to have to learn to be patient with others and learn to divide responsibilities.."

"How would I even begin to do that!?" Luster faltered. "I don't even know any of my classmates. We haven't even established friendship yet."

"This would be a great opportunity wouldn't it?"

"Um, okay, so, the first thing I should do then is...um..."

"I'm right here if you have any questions?" Applebloom pointed out.

"I think I need a visual example of this."

"I'll do ya one better," Applebloom walked to a long desk that stood before her teacher's desk. On it was variants of chemicals and tools that she had utilized for today's lecture. "Let's concoct a potion together."

"A practical example would stand more beneficial," Luster rubbed her chin. "Alright then, what are we making then?"

"Well, since you're likely ahead of all of my students in this subject, we could go for a more intermediate product. Let's see, based on what we have here..." Applebloom then clapped her hooves. "I know, how about we spruce ourselves a love potion?"

"Love potion?" Luster's cheeks held a red blemish. "W-we're not planning on using this, aren't we?"

"Course not," Applebloom waved a hoof. "Forcing love on others is wrong. It just takes me back is all."

"You have a history with that kind of potion?"

"Yeah..." Applebloom rubbed the back of her head. "Not something I'm really proud of, but it was a very insightful lesson."

"I see," Luster walked to Applebloom's side. "So where do we begin?"