4.

Frank's POV

I walked in to work today, and luckily I was working with Ray.

It's not that I don't like Adam, because don't get me wrong, I do. It's just that Ray is, most of the time easier to hold a conversation with, considering we already know each other well.

I clock in and Adam leaves, meaning it's just Ray and I running the store.

"So, what's new with you, Frank?" Ray asks nicely.

"Oh, nothing really. Just enjoying life without someone trying to hurt, kidnap, or kill me." I say jokingly.

"Well, you can never be too sure." Ray says, wiping down the counter.

"You know something I don't?" I question with a teasing smirk.

"I'm just telling you to never let your guard down." Ray says. "You never know how many people Bert may have on the inside."

"Bert is in prison. He has no way to contact anyone. I'm fine, Ray." I say, trying to sound confident.

In reality, I know he's right. I shouldn't let my guard down. But, that doesn't mean that's all I should be focused on.

"Let's talk about something else. How's your life?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Pretty boring." He says nonchalantly.

"Didn't you get a roommate?" I ask.

Ray is going to the local college in our area. Part of the deal with going to that college is that you have to live on campus. Ray's had a room to himself for a while, but apparently they'd assigned him someone the other day.

"Yeah, I did." He says.

"How's that going?" I question further.

"He's chill. His name is Ricky. He spends a lot of time in the dorm, he's not much of a social person, but that doesn't really bother me. We talk a little, but not too much." He says sadly.

"Is he cute?" I ask teasingly.

Ray only blushes in response. "I dunno, I don't think of guys that way."

"Oh, but I think you do." I tease.

"I-" He starts to say, but cuts his sentence short when we both hear the familiar ringing of a bell, signaling that someone has walked into the store.

"Oh hey! It's you again." I greet as I see Kellin walk into the store.

"Yeah, hey." He says with a smile. "I came in yesterday and bought something for myself, but then I felt bad that I didn't get anything for my boyfriend. So, I'm back."

Well, that answers the boyfriend question.

"Aw, that's sweet of you. Also, I don't want this to come across as weird, but I was wondering if I could have your number? Not in like a romantic way or anything, I also have a boyfriend. I just think you're really chill and I thought that maybe we could try being friends? Actually, I'm sorry, this is probably weird, you don't have to-"

"Hey, chill, you're good." Kellin says with a slight laugh, cutting me off. "Give me your phone."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and give it to him, watching as he puts in his number and creates a contact for himself.

He gives me back my phone with a smile.

"Alright, now do you have any Hall & Oates? You probably don't, but I figured it was worth a try." He asks.

"Hm, let me check the computers for ya. Not too sure about that one." I answer, motioning for him to follow me.

I walk behind the desk and log onto the computer, doing a quick search.

"Wow, we actually do." I say, kinda shocked. "Follow me."

I walk over to the section where it said they were, finding two of them and seeing Kellin's face light up.

"Dude, that's sick! Hall & Oats are like my boyfriends favorite, and they're kinda hard to find. I'm so glad I started coming here." He says with a smile.

"Where did you go before?" I question.

"Well, we actually just moved in a couple days ago. My boyfriend is a teacher and he was transferred out here, so that's kinda what we're relying on for a living right now."

"What do you do?" I question.

"Well, back in my old town I just worked at a Hot Topic in the mall. I haven't really been able to find a job out here, though." He answers.

"Well, would you be interested in working in a record shop?" I question, hoping he'll get the hint.

He looks up at me. "You serious?"

"I mean, yeah. The only people who work here are me, the other guy working with me, and our manager Adam. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to convince him to hire another person. He's always complaining about how much he works, so maybe he'll be open to the idea."

"Dude, if you got me a job, I would never be able to repay you." He says, handing me the record that he'd chosen.

"Oh, please. We need the help anyway. I'll talk to my manager and see what I can do." I say with a smile.

"Thanks man, I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem." I say, motioning for him to follow me as I walk to the front, ringing him up.

"I'll text you when I get an answer." I say, bagging the record and handing it to him.

"Okay, I'll be waiting." He says with a smile before walking out of the store.

"Do you know him?" Ray questions once he leaves.

"Not really. He came in the other day and we had a conversation. He was pretty nice, and I just thought we could be friends." I answer simply.

"Does Gerard know that you're making friends with cute boys?" Ray asks jokingly.

"I thought you didn't 'think of guys that way.' What happened to that?" I fire back teasingly.

"I'm straight, not blind." He says.

"Okay, well, is Ricky cute?" I ask.

"I'm not answering that." He says, blushing.

"See! You like him!" I say. "You're blushing."

"I don't like Ricky." He says, avoiding eye contact.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me that again." I say.

He looks up at me. "I don't like Ricky." He says weakly.

"I didn't believe that for a second."

"Whatever."