2.0

Jung_Hoseok:

I'm so fucking sorry, Seokjin.

Fuck I can't imagine what you're thinking right now. You say something like that and I just disappear.

You're his son, right? Yoongi's?

He told me he didn't think he was ever going to tell you.

Kim_Seokjinnie:

Hey, it's alright. If I were you I'd be pretty shocked too.

Yes, I'm Yoongi's son. He only told me about it recently, when I turned eighteen.

...

Shockingly, once again the message came through almost instantly, and he wondered if the other had been waiting for his own to come.

...

Jung_Hoseok:

Did he tell you who your father was?

Kim_Seokjinnie:

He said it was some alpha named Hoseok.

Apparently I'm named after him.

Jung_Hoseok:

What a strange coincidence.

How is he?

How are you?

Are you two okay?

I'm sorry, fuck, I just have so many questions.

He wrote to me once, but that was all I ever got.

Kim_Seokjinnie:

We're fine.

Yoongi is literally the best mom I ever could have asked for. I promise he took the best care of me.

Jung_Hoseok:

I knew he would.

...

"Jinnie?" Jungkook's voice sounded stronger than before, and it drew him out of his thoughts, away from the conversation and back into reality. Turning off his phone, he placed it down onto the table beside him before shifting, instantly bringing himself back within the other's reach.

"I'm here, alpha."

"Need your scent." Instantly it began to fill the air, wave after wave of fresh vanilla bean washing over him, calming his agitated mind and easing off the pain and discomfort. Honestly he wasn't sure how he would survive without it, what he would have done if Taehyung hadn't brought him his omega. "Thank you."

"Anything for you." It was almost shocking to him how much his scent alone seemed to help. He had always been told that it was gentle and calming, an effect that he had used multiple times on Yoongi when the stress of raising him alone had become far too much. But this was different. Another level that he had never realized.

It was slowly making him realize just how unprepared he truly was to be someone's mate. How much he had left to learn.

"Then if I ask you to eat, will you do it?"

"How -"

"I heard Yoongi telling you off for not eating." There was a hint of amusement in his voice, and Seokjin looked over to see those dark eyes wide and alert.

"I'm not hungry."

"Omega." It was still gentle, not quite carrying all of that alpha authority that it normally would. But it was still a direct order, and Seokjin felt himself reacting to it without even realizing the reasons why. He had never truly experienced the full power of an alpha before Jungkook, and it still shocked him just how much they held over an omega. "Eat."

"Yes alpha." He was really going to have to ask Yoongi how to ignore that.

...

There was a distinct sound that his door made each time it opened, the air being displaced just so to make a sharp little whistle. Seokjin had actually left for once, saying he was going to go pick up some things and that he would be right back. Taehyung had already come and gone, and there was no one else who would actually bother to come and see him, especially considering his parents still didn't know.

So when he opened his eyes and took in the sight of the silver haired omega carefully gathering up the blankets and pillows that Seokjin had been using and replacing them with fresh ones, it was more than a little amusing.

"You know most people knock first."

"I never was good at having manners."

"Makes me wonder where Seokjin got them from."

"Probably read about them in a book once." Shoving each of the used blankets into a large canvas bag, he carefully shook out the new, before trying his best to make the couch a bit more comfortable. "How are you feeling, alpha?"

"Like I got shot twice."

"That's strange. I could of sworn they said you got hit by a bus."

"Well, Jin definitely didn't get his sarcasm from a book."

"Oh no, that was all me. Where is he anyway? I'm honestly shocked he's not currently hovering over you, doing that whole perfect omega thing."

"Who hurt you?"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but no one. I'm just like this. Even I don't understand it."

"Seokjin once said you had the personality of a rock."

"That little fucking punk."

"Please don't hurt my omega. I kind of like him how he is."

"Your omega, huh? Last I knew you were still doing that whole whiny 'woe is me I'm a poor alpha and my omega is too young and attractive wah wah wah' thing."

"Are you sure no one hurt you?"

"Positive."

"I'm an idiot, okay?"

"Yeah, I got that."

"I've been mated before."

"Okay, Seokjin failed to mention that."

"Probably because I'm an idiot who didn't tell him."

"Considering I don't see a mating mark, I'm guessing it didn't end well."

"We had our bond broken. Only... Jimin didn't survive it."

"I'm sorry." If anyone on earth knew what it was to lose the person you were meant to be with, someone you loved more than your own life, it was Yoongi. "Does Jin know?"

"Pretty sure my friend Tae spilled that cup of scalding hot tea."

"And yet Jin is still here."

"I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still alive right now is because of him." There was no way he would have been able to endure all of that pain without his omega at his side. Taehyung hadn't been lying when he'd said Jungkook was only as strong as the person beside him.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." Sometimes he really did think Seokjin was some sort of angel actually sent down from heaven just to make the people who he loved lives better. "Just don't do anything moronic this time, okay? Your face is really, stupidly attractive and I'd hate to have to break it because you hurt my Seokjin."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're terrifying beyond all reason? Like an omega should not sound that threatening."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment."