25 // yoongi🌻 and namjoon🧸

goddamn, my cheeks are so fucking red right now Jesus Christ-

as he watched the door shut behind his newly-found boyfriend, yoongi tossed his custom apron to the side and pulled out his laptop. His ever-present grin beamed as he began to research for job openings.

"today is going to be a great day !!" yoongi whispered to himself, contently.

he was simply determined to find the perfect job, so he could plan his and jimins first *real date together. as he placed his laptop onto his wood-finished desk, he soon began to type at lightning speed. he made sure to use certain keywords that jin had recommended like "electrical abilities", "background in music production", "and university-level math" when sending his application to different companies and CEOs. he wanted to be able to be the boyfriend that jimin could count on when he forgets his wallet. yoongi wanted to be useful.

"we don't know each other."

. . . 

"of course we know each other, we've lived together for a few weeks, talk a lot. just 'cuz we fought yesterday doesn't mean we don't know each other. people fight all the time. even jin and i fight sometimes. it's natural, isn't it?"

it doesn't matter anyhow since you're so certain he knows you, jimin won't stay very long. he thinks you're gross. acting like a child? who would like that? he's just staying to get blackmail or something. he probably really wants some now because of yesterday. min yoongi, once again you've ruined a relationship. it was only a matter of time, right?

yoongi had had these thoughts before of course, it came with insecurity in his regression. even after all these years, he still had a deep-down feeling that his thoughts were probably correct. why wouldn't they be?

"why would someone love what's inherently an adult toddler? it's gross and weird."

at this point, yoongi was muttering to himself on the brink of tears, as he submitted his resume to the final company he had found earlier. after the deed was done, he sat and pondered.

i need to make it up to jimin, he needs to not hate me anymore.

checking his watch, he saw that he had about two or so hours before the younger should arrive home. yoongi blinked away his tears ignoring his red, sore and puffy eyelids and re-opened his laptop.

'expensive restaurants in the seoul, and incheon area'

he scanned through the vast selection, finally choosing a place called 'on the Plate' with a solid 4.7-star rating. the man fairly quickly booked an expensive reservation, using a grand amount of his savings money for going out.

"but if i don't pay for the food, he'll just have to do another thing for me. i can take a few extra dollars from my rent money to cover the costs. it'll work out, hopefully."

the exceedingly emotional, and nervous man shook as he messaged jimin the location and time.

"hey, we've got a reservation at a cool restaurant for six (6:00) pm on the dot !! I'm driving, and wear something nice (anything will work for you :D)"

he pressed send before he could cringe and threw his phone onto his bed in defeat. as he raised his head he and a special penguin made eye contact.

"waddlez, don't look at me like that. today, I'm acting like an adult and doing big things as i should be."

the stuffed animals' beady eyes seemed to pierce into yoongi's skull as he crossed his arms and turned away, a slight pout forming on his lips.

why am i pouting? only little me pouts and i am not gonna slip !! there's not a single need for it."