8 // yoongi 🌻

yoongis brother race into the kmart, looking for him. he walked to the desk, and smiled at the employee working there, as he had been a friend of yoongi's and himself for years.

"hey hobi, have you seen yoongi?"

the sunshine turned around and greeted the man with a radiant but sad grin.

"yeah, I let him sit in the break room so he could calm down without people eyeballing him. do you know what happened?"

"no, but I think something with his job? also, can I buy a cherry lollipop, it's his favourite big or small."

the cashier couldn't help but feel his heart warm at the thought of the small boy who came in everyday after work and purchased a single lollipop with a glimmer in his tired eyes and an adorable gummy smile prominent on his squishy face.

"it's on the house J, it hurts my heart to see the boy so sad."

the older thanked the kind boy then made his way to the staff lounge. concern hit him like a brick wall after opening the door to see a small yoongi curled in on himself, silent tears and sniffs reverberating around the room.

yoongi's brother squatted in front of the saddened boy, and gently grabbed his shoulders.

"yoonie, what's wrong?"

"no- no more work. forever."

the man now understood why the boy was so disappointed. if he had gotten fired, he would probably cry for atleast 10 minutes straight. but yoongi worked his ass off every single day, and his boss treated him like shit. even with all the additional shit, he was still the best in his department.

"why not?"

the teary-eyed boy looked up and heaved a heavy sigh.

"he say that yoonie- that yoonie was big meanie! but yoonie didn't do anything! 'ooni bad?

"no! of course not yoonie! you're the best! and it'll be okay, I can find you a better, more fun job okay?"

"...w-weawy?"

the younger looked hopefully at his brother, tears still threatening to fall anytime possible, his face blotchy from crying, his eyes and lips tinted red. The older pulled the lollipop from his jean pocket, and handed it to the small boy, then stuck out his pinky.

"I promise little one."

the two linked pinkies as yoonies brother wiped away stray tears.

"tanks jiji"

the taller smiled towards the smaller boy as he lifted him to bring him piggyback style to front of the store. he was very light.

atleast he won't stay up late, and forget to eat. I need to remember to feed him something.

"let's get you home, you need a snackie, cuddles, and a long nap little one."

"cuddle! I wike to cuddle jiji!"

hoseok smiled and waved at the pair as "jiji" waved towards him.

"hobi! jiji cuddle a' home!"

"oh wow! I want to cuddle too yoonie! next time I see you, its cuddle monster time. rawr!"

hobi pretended his fingers were claws, and cooed as yoongi mimicked him and giggled. how could you know min yoongi existed and not be at least 99% whipped all the time?

yoongis brother put yoongi down to cross the street in exchange for carrying him all the way home (which he was planning on anyhow) because, he had just remembered about Jimin. the unaccounted variable.