35 // seokjin 🦋

❤︎ i deadass don't remember if i proofread this :)

--> your loving author lmao

----------------

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"i here you, im awake stop yelling."

seokjin reached over and smacked his hand on his phone. he shut off the blaring alarm before sitting up and stretching in silence. did it get lonely living so far away from some of his closest friends and family? sometimes, but he did have a life here. just a less . . . interesting one.

at least he had gukmul and odengie to keep him some company, they were maybe the cutest sugar gliders in the world.

he walked over to his bathroom and splashed some cold water on his face before stripping and stepping into the shower. jin rubbed shampoo into his scalp while humming quietly to himself, thinking about what he had planned to do today.

i've got to send out the modified workday schedule, secure the bundang account. then get a review for the new module. then apparently hr has one of their quarterly meetings. pretty chill day i think, maybe we can get out early . . .

he jumped out of the shower, wrapping himself in two white towels, one around his waist and one over his head. he sat in front of his sugar gliders' cage before slowly feeding them.

the next time i visit i should bring them, yoongi loves them so much. maybe joonie would like them?

he washed his hands before throwing on underwear, a button-up shirt and slacks, wringing an argyle tie haphazardly around his neck. he put the buttons through the holes, and fastened his tie, zipping his pants before heading off to the kitchen.

throwing a frying pan on the stovetop and turning on boiling water, opening the fridge and looking through the choices. seokjin decided to go for the howls moving castle route, with two strips of bacon and an egg. he drizzled some olive on the pan and waited for the pan to warm while he checked through his briefcase.

he cooked and ate, humming the theme from ratatouille and scrolling through his twitter feed.

he checked his wristwatch, standing up and throwing on his suitcoat before running back to the bathroom to brush his teeth. he took one more pause, before going to the living room and quickly pecking his mother's urn.

"bye. shallow bitch."

i miss you.

he grabbed his keys and bag, locking the door before walking to the car parked outside. jin lived in a bungalow in the suburbs of seongnam, right on the edge of seoul. he blasted a playlist titled 'groovy shit' that big yoongi had made him on spotify. he sped down the highway, it was almost 8:20 in the morning, so maybe he would be at least a few minutes early.

after around a half-hour of sitting in traffic with the sweet song of cars honking, jin pulled into his designated parking spot, to see a friend sitting criss-cross apple sauce on the sidewalk next to it. he laughs lightly, before putting his car in park and stepping out.

"eunae, you're getting your skirt dirty why are you sitting here? you're worrying your poor sunbae."

"wow, hello to you too. i was gonna give you back the umbrella i borrowed and be nice for once. nah but for real, thanks, i completely forgot it was supposed to rain yesterday."

seokjin grabbed her by her hand and pulled her to stand up, laughing the entire time.

"you look crazy, but at least you've always had good manners right? no problem, don't mention it."