The boy who looks like his father.

Jeongyeon's POV

"Miss Im, are you okay?" I noticed Nayeon was zoning out while I was reiterating some personal schedules that I wish to be added for this week's schedule. I was speaking for three minutes straight but she's not even jotting down what I'm saying on her work tablet so I decided to ask her.

She looks frazzled and so out of it, she even managed to drop the tablet when she heard my voice.

"N-nothing's wrong sir. I'm just... I'm just thinking about my child. He was sick when I left home. I'm so sorry, it won't happen again." She bowed her head down in front of me.

"It's fine. Who is he with while you're working? Did you hire a babysitter?" I asked.

"No. I don't want to trust just anyone with my child. He stays with one of my friends. He's a firefighter but he's mostly on the night shift so he can still be with Youngie while I'm here at work. My son mostly just sits and plays by himself so Chaeyoung can sleep and let my son play with no problems. Youngie just needs an adult around him."

"You know we have a child center for our employees kid's right? You can bring him in and leave him there. He will be taken care of and fed good food instead of just leaving him with a sleeping person. I'll personally ask the staff to take extra care for Youngie so you can do your job well." I told her with genuine concern and her face looked bothered instead of relieved.

"I'll think about it sir. Thank you for your kindness." Nayeon said as she bows down again and heads towards the door.

Nayeon's POV

I sighed as soon as I got seated inside my office. Hearing Jeongyeon say his son's name sends a tear in my heart.

Yeon Gu has been running a fever and he always gets needy whenever he's sick, just like his dad before.

Flashback

"Love, are you okay?" I asked when I noticed my boyfriend was not very responsive when I asked him what he wants to eat for lunch. We're inside our classroom, waiting for the professor of our last class before lunch and Jeongyeon has just been burying his face on his desk and talking unenthusiastically. I can sometimes hear him groaning for unknown reasons.

"No. I feel like I'll come down with a fever. I really wanna hug you but I don't want to give you the flu. Ugh." He pouts at me which made me laugh at him. Looking at this guy, who used to have the reputation of a "badass" pout is ridiculous and it makes me wanna love him a little more everyday.

"Do you want to go home later then? After this our next class is four hours away. We can stay at your place and we can cuddle a bit to cure your needy ass. How does that sound?"

Just like a kid on a Christmas day receiving his gifts, Jeongyeon's eyes shines brightly as he grins while nodding his head.

End of flashback

Those distant memories always brings a smile to my face. Is Jeongyeon still like that now that he's an adult? Is Mina taking care of him well?

I sigh again and grab my phone to call Chaeyoung to check up on Yeon Gu.

(Chaeyoung in bold text, Nayeon in normal text.)

"Oh Nayeonah. I was about to call you, Youngie has been crying ever since he woke up without you. His fever is thankfully low now but he's being very needy of you. Do you think it'll be okay if we swing by your office so he can see you? I think his tear ducts won't be functional if he continues to cry like this."

"I'm so sorry! Yes please Chae. He won't stop crying unless he sees me. Text me when you're near the building so I can meet you two at the lobby. Thank you so much."