Own Up Part 2

Nayeon's POV

"Nayeon... what I'm trying to say is... Marry me? Let me be a father to Yeongie. It's about time someone owns up to that little angel." Chaeyoung said as he pulled out a red box from his jacket.
He took a hold of my left hand and the glint of happiness on his eyes disappeared when he saw the ring Jeongyeon gave me on our graduation day nestled neatly on my ring finger.
I'm left paralyzed with his actions that I can't say or move when I saw sadness cross his beautiful face.

"Will you allow me to change the ring you're wearing? My ring isn't as grand as what you're wearing now but it holds everything I have. I want to give my everything to you.
I won't rush you...but please, think about it Nayeon. We all want Yeongie to have a good and stable life. I'm not as rich as Jeongyeon hyung but I can provide for the both of you. If you'll allow me." Chaeyoung said as he caressed my cheeks.

I haven't notice that I was already crying. This is so sudden and Chaeyoung is offering me a one in million kind of offer.
An offer that's so hard to refuse.
A stable life for my son and I.
I want to say yes, but a part of me still wants to sort everything in my life. I wanna say yes to Chaeyoung because he's been very good to us, but I don't want to drag him in my mess of a life.

"Chaeng.." I tried to start saying something but he cut me off.
"No. I told you, you can think about it. You don't have to give an answer now. I... I'm officially your suitor. You're no longer my noona and I'm no longer your dongsaeng. I will wait for your answer. I know you all these years, and I know you need to sort out whatever you feel. I know that you love me, and I also know it's not as strong as what you feel for hyung but I'm willing to give this a try. I want to stop hurting from the past Nayeon. All these years and yet I feel that none of us moved on from hyung. It's as if we are all waiting for him to comeback to our lives but you know that will never happen since he's getting married next week. It's all over the news Nayeon, all of us knows already."

The moment he said Jeongyeon is getting married pierced through my heart. I knew that of course but some part of me still clings a little hope everytime I see the glint of recognition in Jeongyeon's eyes.
Jeongyeon has totally forgotten about me and I know I should move on and just let it be but it just feels so wrong to abandon him if it's true that he was deceived by his family and the Myoui's.

"Nayeon eonnie! Chaeyoungie! Come on, the party starts now!" Momo shouted at the top of her lungs not knowing that she interrupted a serious conversation.
I looked at Chaeyoung and he looks defeated but he just smiled and waved back to Momo who's been clinging non stop on Dahyun's arms.

"Let's go inside Chaeyoungie. We can talk about this some other time" I said as I moved to the direction of the door to Momo's house.

Jeongyeon's POV

"Your wedding is next week and I talked to the board members about you missing on work for 2 weeks to start a family. I told the directors to make it clear to everyone in the company to never bother you on your honeymoon. I hope you come back with my grandchild in Mina's tummy." My father said as he raised his glass in front of my face, telling me to pour him a drink.

We're all seated on my parent's dining area, eating food prepared by the finest chefs in the country. I'm sitting here with them against my will since they called me to a family dinner but it's more like a meeting and everytime it's my dad who calls out to me, I know I can't miss the dinner.

"I think it's too early to think of having a child, appa. Me and Mina both agree to not have children until we settled ourselves in our married life." I said, filling up my dad's shot glass.

I saw my dad smirked and shook his head.

"Nonsense! You know I will retire next year, Jeongyeon. I need to see and know that I will leave my company to someone responsible and you need to continue the Yoo bloodline. Your brother is out of the equation. It's only you. You don't have to adjust to anything since you're a Yoo. We don't adjust, we just do. " he then drank his drink in one go.