Setting plans

Nayeon's POV

"Miss Im do you remember when I asked you to find our company an underground artist? Can you please give me a list of candidates so I can take a look at their files? I wanna launch the street brand version of our products next month. My wedding's next week so I have to finalize everything before I take my leave." Jeongyeon said while he continues to browse through our monthly reports.

It will never not bring a sudden sting inside my chest to know and hear him talk about his wedding but I have to stay professional and ignore the tears that are starting to form in my eyes. It's a good thing that he's not looking at me.

"Ah yes. I actually managed to contact four artists who wants to collaborate with our company. I'm gonna compile their portfolios in a report and give them to you in an hour for your approval sir." I said.

"Okay." He said nonchalantly and he waves his hand, signaling that I'm allowed to leave his office.

Before I can turn back his voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Before I forget miss Im... how is our... son? Will it be okay if we have dinner later? I want to take you two to one of our company's latest hotel acquisition. I think it would be better if we tried the hotel's restaurant as a family so we can discuss what needs to improve and what needs to be gone." Jeongyeon looked up from reading the files in his hands to look at me.

It's one of the few times he actually looked at me in the eyes and all I can see is the love that is missing from his eyes. The adoration that used to be there whenever he looks at me six years ago, all gone.

A sudden realization hit me. We are no longer the same Nayeon and Jeongyeon years ago. We are no longer the couple that our friends would cringe at from all the public displays of affection we've done. I was stuck in the past and Jeongyeon... Jeongyeon has done everything and moved on. Totally erasing us from his memories helped keep his life on track and he's no longer one of the most feared students from our university but is now a feared company president that dominates the stock market. He is no longer the caring Jeongyeon I loved. That Jeongyeon is all in the past now. Everything about us is in the past aside from the fruit of our love that still binds us together, our son.

"I don't think we can make it tonight sir. It's our family night and Youngie has been looking forward to watching movies with us this whole week."

"Family night? Just the two of you? Can I... can I join?" For a second I see a glimpse of him that looked so unsure of himself, I can't help but smile because the president is never unsure.

"The three of us actually. Chaeyoung, my friend, has been with us ever since. He's who Youngie considers as his father."

"Is that the small man who came here before? Sorry, but I am his father. I appreciate that Chaeyoung for holding my post while I'm gone but I am here now. There's no need of him. We can watch it togeth-"

I cut him off.

"Sorry, sir, no disrespect to you as my boss but you are overstepping a line in my personal life. Chaeyoung is Youngie's father. He has been ever since you've been gone. He was not holding your post, he is not a substitute. He was the one who held my hand when I was in labor because you were not there. I know I agreed that we will tell Yeon Gu about you being his father but that won't change the course of how we live our life. I will only allow him to recognize you as his father but you don't get a say about how we live our life." I said, bile started to rise in my stomach because how the hell did this man have the guts to treat people like we're some company asset acquisition!

I'm right he's really nothing but an asshole now. Just like the way he was before I met him. The rich, spoiled and cocky Yoo Jeongyeon.

——