Caught You!

February 2011

Mina's POV

I was awaken by a sudden banging inside my room.
"Yah Minari why did you do this?" an angry Jeongyeon greeted her.
"W-what did I do?" I said.
"Why did you tell my mother that Nayeon is poor? Her family owns a chain of hotels in Seoul! Now, why is my mother telling me to prepare for our wedding?? Is this what you were saying yesterday? God damn it Mina! "
Jeongyeon raged inside my room and kicked the trash can that's been under my vanity table.

Ahh.
Yesterday after that lunch we had at Jeongyeon's house, his mom called me to ask me about Jeongyeon and Nayeon's relationship since her trusted staff told her about Nayeon coming to their house often. Jeongyeon's parents aren't at home most of the time because they're busy claiming everything money worthy in Korea. So I told every detail to his mom, and also about me finding out that Nayeon is not who she says she is.
"Jeongyeon oppa...Nayeon eonnie lied to you, to us." Tears are starting to form in my eyes. I can't believe Jeongyeon will get mad at me just because of Nayeon. He would always take my side. But now...
"What?!" He said. The look of frustration and disappointment is visible in his face.
"Nayeon eonnie lied to you! Yes her family USED to own a chain of hotels and businesses but they're all bankrupt now! Her family is no longer a part of the society we move in Jeongyeon oppa. Her family only owns a million and a half won in their name, a cheap rented apartment, plus that car her dad is driving. There's a reason I don't like Nayeon eonnie to be with you and that's because she's a thieving and social climbing liar who just wants to be a part of our circle!" I bursted out. Damn it. I didn't mean to get that out in the open.
"W-w-what did you say? How do you even know all of that Mina?" his voice then weakened.
"You know that dad's company has expanded their territory with Royal Hotels right? Dad is now the president, so he's giving me a tour of the place cos he plans on giving me the hotel chain someday... Then I saw Nayeon eonnie and an Ahjussi in one of our Hotel visits. I asked around who that ahjussi was since he's wearing the hotel's uniform and it turns out to be her father who is a manager in our hotel...So, if they're rich, why is her father working a meager job like that? Then I hired a private investigator to know everything about her." I replied with tears now streaming down my face.
I sobbed like crazy. All the frustration I had pent up because Jeongyeon was slowly drifting away from me started to hurt like crazy.
I suddenly felt warm arms enveloping me.
"It's alright... I-I know you only care about me Minari...but... I really don't care about Nayeon's status. I'm shocked that she lied to me, but she must have her reasons. I love her, and she's the only one for me, Minari." Jeongyeon said as he slowly let go of me from his embrace.
"You know I love you Minari... A lot. But I love you as my younger sister. I can't grasp the fact that you allowed our parents to plan a wedding for us." He combed his hair with his hands in haste. He stood next to my bed.
"Because I love you oppa!!! I'm scared you'll hate me, but when I found out that Nayeon eonnie was lying to you, I got the courage to push through with this wedding. You don't deserve her oppa." I cried my heart to him. There's no point in hiding. After a minute I looked up to him and saw that he's frozen in place while looking at me.
I got up from my bed and pulled him by his colar so that we can see each other, eye to eye.
"I know you don't love me oppa, but we can't go against our parent's will. So you should just learn to love me as soon as possible." I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck. I feel him panic with my touch. I can smell his breath and the musky scent of his cologne, that it drives me wild.
I leaned in closer to him to capture his lips.

Nayeon's POV

I wonder what happened to Jeongyeon.
It's already 3 PM according to my watch. I've been messaging him since early this morning but I've never received a reply. We were supposed to meet for lunch but he never showed up. It's not like him to just disappear without even letting me know what happened so I'm really worried. I remember Chaeyoung... Chae might know.