Winter War HC

Okay, so the Winter War's got a lot of dark fanart and headcanons, but I learned something from mom recently that had me rolling on the floor, so I just have to put it in here. The drama of the fanart really doesn't bode well with the upcoming crack...

I talk too much.

Anyway, during the Winter War, the Finnish were going to attack a part of Russia, in winter. They weren't as bothered by the weather as any other country due to being a Nordic country (duh). The Russian soliders were waiting for them, clad in fur coats and weilding guns just on the other side of a frozen lake. The ice wasn't too thin or anything, so the Finnish went to cross. Thing is, they were on horseback, wearing heavy armor on themselves and on the horses. No matter how thick the ice is, it has limits. And an entire metal-clad army at once is a limit. They made to cross the lake, the ice cracked, and they just drowned. Just like that, no attack, and the Russian soldiers just watched this, shrugged it off, and left.

Probably Russia: Oh well, no fight today. Too bad, we were ready. Спасибо (thanks), General Winter! 

Finland: *facepalming so hard he now has a red mark on his face* Goddamnit, I told you not to wear the armor!  We're supposed to be used to winter and all that, not get defeated by a frozen lake!