You've Got To Be Kidding Me (Yep, still Hetalia)

So the other day I read on the Hetalia Wiki that Hima once answered a fan who asked him how he would portray the United Arab Emirates. He replied that he pictures him as an old man that lives in the desert.

*Russia level sigh*

How.

How is that true.

The picture above actually seems legit.

First off, UAE has been a proper country for barely fifty years. I'm not even kidding, there's not much history here to go around with. They only united those seven different small-ish tribes together when they realised they might otherwise stay under British rule forever. Though lucky them, their time to try and get independence was perfect, as violence wasn't really, you know, upheld. Second, they care so much about their youth. It's like, this is for the youth that is the future and shit everywhere. So there ain't nothing about old people.

Well my generation's certainly going to disappoint but ah well, I'm not local to UAE anyway so I should be off the hook-

Right then, third, what desert? Sure, the weather still is that of a desert, but what the fuck, this country is extremely developed, and I'm not just saying that. Not as developed as say, Japan or something, but more so than many countries. Here, it's all about biggest, tallest, newest, best, most, you name it, they're obsessed with breaking those records.

Therefore, my dear Himapapa, you're oh so very wrong.

...

On another note.

Whilst I am incredibly thankful for 1.1 K reads on here, seriously, I never thought it would happen, thank y'all so freaking much, but why does my Prussia oneshot, the one called Shattered Glass now, have only 4 reads? It's very angsty and I'm very proud of it...

Ah well.

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Hope I don't sound like a bitch, but I'm grumpy-ish when I'm tired, please bear with me.