Chapter 6: The Parchment

A/N: Hey guys, so I decided I would post twice today. They could be short chapters since I'm on my phone right now. Also, thank you guys so much for reading this. I really appreciate it and enjoy!

(Ashlynn's P.O.V.)

     Why did he have to be so infuriating? I didn't get it. Maybe I shouldn't have left his tent to try and leave the camp. Now, I would have to tour the island by myself. The only question racing through my mind was how was I going to get past the lost boys?

      They had been watching my every move ever since I got on their small boat. I had made sure they didn't know I knew they were watching, instead I had pretended to look down at the dark blue sea.

      "You're not talking. It's a miracle," Felix said as he walked towards me.

     I spun around to look at him and looked to see he had something in his right hand. It looked like old paper, the kind that you only write important things on, like prophecies. It had certainly caught my interest, but there was no way in hell I would ask Felix what was on it.

     "Did Pan piss you off princess?" he asked with a smirk on his face hinting that he already knew the answer.

     "Why ask if you already know the answer?" I scoffed as I pushed past him and walked toward the edge of the camp on the other side.

     "Stop!" Felix shouted as he grabbed my arm and spinned me towards him. I cried out in pain from the way he held my arm.

     "Let me go!"

     "Why? So you can try running off again? All the Lost Boys know about your little trick this morning, and we're not going to let you go that easily."

     "I just want to go for a stroll to the beach," I lied, staring into his icy blue eyes.

     "Not going to happen. We're under orders to keep you here, and I'm pretty sure Pan expects to find you here when he gets back," he spat before dragging me over to a log and forcing me to sit down. "Now, be a good little princess and behave."

     I sneered at him before looking away and watching the boys start a fire. I had no idea why though.

     A couple hours had passed before I heard a shrill whistle and knew Pan was back. All of the Lost Boys stood up to greet him. I didn't though. I could have cared less.

      "It's time for one of my favorite games. Grab your weapons and line up. Its time for target practice," Peter yelled and all the boys cheered. Actually, Felix didn't cheer, but he smiled.

     I saw all the boys pick up bows and arrows, knives, and swords before running off into the trees. I shook my head, slightly glancing up to see Pan looking at that parchment of paper that Felix had. I looked back down when I realized he was looking at me.

     Looking up, I saw him walk into his tent before walking past me. I heard him whisper something to Felix, who had stayed behind, but I didn't hear what.

     Felix nodded at Pan before walking towards me. Glancing behind him, Pan followed in the same area as the Lost Boys without looking back.

     "You are to go to Pan's tent and to not come out until he retrieves you," Felix stated.

     "I'm not a dog," I snapped as I stood up. "And I will not be treated as such."

     "It's either that, or back to your cage." I closed my eyes in disbelief before walking away from him and into Pan's tent.

     "I can't believe this," I paced in front of the bed and stopped when I remembered Pan had come in here.

     Spinning around towards his desk, I walked over to it and tried opening the drawers, but they wouldn't budge. Standing up I walked over to the bed and lifted up one of the pillows to find a key.

     "You're not that clever, Pan," I whispered silently and began opening the drawers.

     I dug around them and found the parchment. Standing up, I opened it and found a drawing of a young boy. Looking down at small, cursive writing, I found the words, "Heart of the Truest Believer".

     "What the hell?" I whispered. Closing it, I imagined some pants and a shirt with a jacket in my size to appear. I smiled when they did, and I put them on before placing the parchment in my jacket.

     This was definitely leverage I could use against Pan to make him let me go home. And I was going to use it.

     I locked the drawers and put the key back before walking out into the clearing to see Pan and the rest of the boys return. Pan stopped when he saw me, and I smirked at him before walking over to the log that I sat on before.

     "Didn't I tell you not to come out until Pan retrieves you?" Felix asked, his eyes blazing in anger.

     "You did, and I'm pretty sure I told you I wouldn't be treated like a dog," I said and heard the soft chuckle of Pan.

     Glancing over to him, I saw him looking at me before sauntering over. "Don't worry about if Felix, she never listens."

     "You're right about that Pan. I'll leave you two alone," I heard Felix whisper before leaving to join the rest of the boys.

     "Here's some food. Eat up," Pan said as he created food out of thin air. I automatically grabbed the plate and started eating. food. This was amazing.

     "Thank you," I said, looking up from my food to stare into his green eyes.

     He just nodded before walking towards the fire and pulling out a pipe and blowing on it. All the boys started to cheer and dance as if they heard music, yet there was no music to dance too.

     I saw Pan stop playing, but the boys kept dancing. He walked over to me and offered his hand. I sighed and took it as he pulled me up and started spinning me around in circles.

     He pulled me closer to him and smiled wickedly at me. "Here's a tip Ashlynn, don't ever steal what belongs to me," he threatened as he pulled away and opened his hand to reveal the parchment of paper.

     I looked down at my jacket and back up to see him smirking at me. "How did you know?"

     "I know everything that happens on this island. Nothing gets past me, remember?" He sneered at me before leaving me alone with the lost boys.

     I shook my head as I came to terms that my would have plan had failed.