XIX

Ruby

I was sat in the living room when she got back. Jeni smiles knowingly. She put the bags of groceries on the coffee table and sat on the other side of the couch.

"It's ran it's course hasn't it?" I just scrunched up my face and nodded "Does she like you back?" I was shocked. How did she know? "It's all over your face when you look at her. You've never looked at me like that" she laid her hands on top of mine "Just make sure she looks after you"

"I'm really sorry Jeni" I didn't know what else to say

"I know you are" she smiled sweetly before she made her way to the bedroom I'm assuming to pack. This felt right. I'd never loved Jeni we just got each other. Or the got what the other needed. I could carry on now with a clean slate. Even if $lick was in the way.

It was a bust the first time I tried to go over to Slicks and talk to Shay so i was determined that i would speak to her about us tonight. Tell her i liked her. Put my cards on the table. I got changed and headed over to $licks. The party was already in full swing. I said hello to a few people as I made my way into the kitchen. I spotted Max and Shay getting friendly while Max was pretending to be the bartender. As the conversation flows she's making a point of saying that there's nothing going on with her and Slick. Is she trying to say she's not interested in $lick at all? Max seems to guess that there's going on because he leaves us alone in the kitchen. May have been the fact we are just staring at each other.

"You not getting a drink?" She breaks the silence

"I'm just going to get a sprite"She rolls her eyes knowingly, I look down guiltily. She just slides herself off the counter.

"I'll leave you to it then" I grab her wrist before she walks past me. I pull her against me and back her into the counter. Trapping her between. She looks up at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Don't judge me" I look down at her as I let her wrist go

"I wasn't" she puts her hand on my chest

"I can see it in your eyes" I tilt her chin up

"It's not about your drug use, I couldn't give a fuck about that" I run my finger down her neck

"What are you judging me for?" I tilt my head as I look at her

"Leaving me for days with no explanation" she turns her head looking at the doorway

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can say that will make that situation any better. But it's finished now. I hope you can look past it" I put my hand on her waist

"I'll think about it" her mouth curls up at the sides into a smirk

"You going to make me beg?" I pull her against me

"Maybe, get on your knees bitch" she chuckles. I drop to my knees In Front of her. She starts to laugh. She nudged me with her doc Martin clad foot. I grab the leg and put it on my shoulder. She yelps at the sudden movement. I kiss up her calf past her knee as I look straight into her eyes. "Ruby stop before this gets too far"

"What's too far sexy?" I chuckle as I kiss higher. Watching her eyes start to become heavy with pleasure

"There's a party out there for us and what if someone walks in?" Her voice purrs

"We tell them to get out of the kitchen, we could always just take this upstairs? No-one would miss us" I lick up her inner thigh. I hear $lick shouting looking for us. Shay's head snaps up, she looks down at me with an 'i told you so' look on her face. "This isn't over"

"Definitely not, you still have some begging to do" she smirks as she turns her back to me. I smack her ass quick before she walks off. She narrows her eyes at me before she slips off to find $lick

I watch her hips sway. The dress she's wearing, a black PVC strappy thing showing her amazing curves. I grab some sprite in a solo cup and follow her into the crowd.

$lick has his arm around her making my temper flare. I know he's just being friendly but I couldn't help it. I made my way over and slipped my arm round her waist pulling her closer to me. $lick lent to look at me just shaking his head but still held onto her shoulder. She rolled her eyes and blew a deep breath out of her nose. I knew I was being childish but I couldn't help it.

$lick introduced her to Pouya, fat Nick and Coco. Coco was really excited to have another girl in the group.

"So you three look cosy" she giggled. I clenched my jaw at the thought of him touching her. Shay shimmied out of our grip to go talk to Coco. We just stood there looking at each other.

"So I'm going to break this awkward moment" Fat Nick pours something into my cup.
"What's the deal?"

"What do you mean?" I snap

"Whoa, only a question. I'm guessing there's my answer" he holds his hands up in defense. $lick shakes his head and walks off  "Summat up with you two?"

"No just me being a fuck up as usual" I slump down on the couch

"Well then let's just get fucked up then!" I cheer'sed to that. I rifled through the pills on the coffee table looking for a suitable concoction.

I saw Shania watching me from the stairs where she was stood talking to Coco. She just raised her eyebrows. I put the pills in my mouth and took a swig as she watched. She looked at me disapprovingly. I just pouted

"So you got a thing for the new girl?" Pouya sits down next to me

"Maybe"I shrug

"Well looks like you're in competition" I raise my brows questioning at him "$crim looks a little protective too"