II

Scrim

I couldn't sleep, I kept thinking of that band. In particular the lead singer. She was bomb, her voice and her body. I could tell Ruby was crushing he might as well of had hearts in his eyes while he watched. He's never like that, even with his girlfriend. Not that having a girlfriend has ever stopped him. There seemed to be this unspoken word between them that what goes on in tour stays on tour. I couldn't fuck with that personally. If I'm with someone I don't want them looking at someone else let alone fuck them. But I could tell he was missing having female company and not necessarily sexually. He needed human contact more than me. He craved the closeness. Not sure Jeni was that person though.

I've never worked with a band before so this would be completely out of my comfort zone. Ruby would hit the ground running with this though. I think could be something good for him. He's been getting progressively worse with his drinking and drugs on this tour which sounds ridiculous coming from me but I just don't want him to spiral like I did. I know he's not stupid enough to go as far as heroin like I did but I think a project like this could keep his depression at bay a bit more. I had emailed our manager and our partners at the label and wanted to arrange something soon. I hoped they came to the show tomorrow so we could arrange something a bit more formal once we had a strategy of how to move forward. I didn't want to chase Ruby for his thoughts just yet, he'd drank and smoked a hefty amount tonight and I didn't want his judgement to be clouded by a nice piece of ass.

It was really late by the time I fell asleep so when I woke up it was so like 3 in the afternoon. We would have to get ready now, soundcheck and get food delivered to the venue. I text the rest of them my idea for the plan and they all agreed. I needed a hot shower. I stood under the water letting the hot water wash away the tension. It was so much easier not having dreds. I do miss them sometimes but the upkeep was too much for my lazy ass.

I pulled on my clothes and made my way down to the reception to wait for the guys. Max was already stood waiting so we made our way outside for a smoke. He showed me a few pictures he took last night of the band, they were good. Like real good. He'd caught the lead singer mid hair flick. Her hair spread out like a dark crown around her head even just in a t-shirt and pants she looked regal. I hoped she came tonight so we could get to know her. I had a feeling she wouldn't show.

"Well you look like shit" I chuckled as Ruby made his way out placing a blunt between his lips and reaching out for my lighter

"Thanks, couldn't sleep" he grumbled. I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what he had been doing. He'd been looking into that band, probably that girl. He needed to to get his head in the game. He has a girl. Not that it would eventually last, the arrangement was obviously for her benefit so she could around while he was on tour. I hope he wasn't getting attached to her, he gets attached too fucking easily and when they fuck him over. Because they always do, I have to pick up the pieces. It's going to be different now I'm sober. Normally I get fucked up with him and help him to numb the pain, obviously I can't do that now. Not sure if it will be easier or worse to be honest. I just hope I don't have to do it after this girl, she's totally not worth it

We all stood smoking in silence waiting for the rest of the group. It was a mutual agreement that we would get McDonald's on the way to the venue. I sat in the green room with my chicken nuggets keeping myself to myself when the band turned up. Without the girl. I knew it. Ruby's face looked gutted. He was hung up on this girl already and he hadn't even met her yet. Great. I wondered what her deal was.

"Yo, Tim! Where's the lil shawty, the singer? She fucked off quickly last night we didn't get the chance to meet her" I shouted over to the drummer. He gets up and joins me on the sofa.

"Not sure, she may turn up. She doesn't do social activities really" he shrugs

"She shy or summat?" I laugh thinking of the show she put on. She didn't seem the shy type but you never know

"No, the complete opposite just has a control freak of a boyfriend. He's a fan of yours though so they may show. If not he owns a club not far from here so we could go there after see if they are there" I nod, I pull my tray on my knee to roll some blunts.

"So you lot fuck with our shit?" I look up at him as he intently watches me roll

"Yeah, Shaina actually introduced it to us. So I'll be shocked if she doesn't come" he grits his teeth looking off in thought. He shakes his head frustrated. Not sure where his head went then but at least I know her name now.

"Well if not I'm sure we can arrange it for another time. Fans are like family to us" I offer him a blunt, he plucks it from my fingers and I go back to rolling. These guys are chill, they would fit right in with us. I just can't help but wonder where the chick is. If she's such a fan what could be stopping her from seeing us play?

"It's show time" Kyle shouts from the corridor.