XXXV

Ruby

$lick was in a world of his own at this party we were having to constantly prompt him to say hello to people or even move through the crowd. His anxiety must be bad. He looks on edge. He used to medicate himself when we had to come to events like this. I was worried about him. He kept spacing out. He'd been clean and sober for a year now and I was so proud of him. He'd helped out my lil mama when she was in a tough situation and helped us both a lot this past couple of weeks. All our shit on top of his own sobriety and mental health. He's a good man. Pouya was trying to keep him out of his own head. Coco wasn't in town so he needed a friend. I know $lick just wanted to get to Emo nite so he could perform. He seemed tense. He always feels better once he's exorcised his demons on stage.

Pouya was freaking about something, $lick had said something about MGK'S girlfriend Amber and they thought she heard. She didn't seem bothered if she did hear. She was hot though. We could all agree on that. We were all surprised when she said she would be going to Emo nite. Not to judge a book by its cover but this girl did not look like a panic at the disco, plaid skirt, emo chick. Unlike the lady on my arm. They looked like complete opposites. Both beautiful in their own rights. But she was definitely not an Emo girl.

$lick continued to get stuck in his own head until we got about 3 songs in and he seemed to shake it. Thank god. He'd messed up a few times. I'm sure not that many people noticed but Kyle was eying him suspiciously.We finished our set and head outside to smoke and cool off. MGK came out to smoke with us.

"That's was a sick set y'all. Amber said it's the best she's seen you play" best?

"So she's seen us before?" $lick looks as confused as me. Not to stereotype but she doesn't look like our normal fanbase.

"Yeah a few times I think, ask her" I look up to see her walking out with my better half. She's not dressed up now. She still looks good, more like one our fans now. Vans that are definitely lived in, shorts a top and a flannel. They sit across from us chatting.

"What are you girls gossiping about?" I muse

"No gossip, just talking about home" I'm guessing they mean the UK. I look over at $lick. He's practically drooling.  I've never seen him like this with a girl it's quite funny to watch. I can see she's looking over to him quite often even though MGK'S hand is rubbing her inner thigh as he talks to Pouya.

"So I hear you've seen us a few times live?" I try and interrupt their conversation.

"Yeah I'm not sure how many times now. Every festival I'm at I make sure I see at least a bit of your set. I've seen you twice I think just you guys" she smiles back at me

"Thanks, I didn't take you for a fan" I try and not sound rude

"Yeah the music I sing isn't all I listen to. My image can be misleading" she smiles mischievously
"My PA put me onto you guys tbh. She's not here but she'd love to meet you"

"You should have got in touch or come backstage at one of our shows" $lick finally finds his voice, even if it is a bit croaky. I see her look up at him smirking

"I would have but I've always had to leave before the end. Promise next time you won't get rid of me that easily" she was full on flirting with $lick, eye contact, body language the whole 9 yards. She was ballsy Infront of her boyfriend. $lick literally couldn't tear his eyes away from her and she knew it. She was playing upto it. Flicking her hair and biting her lips.

MGK pulled her close whispering in her ear. She nodded, excused herself and walked off Infront of him. We finished our smokes and headed in. Pouya explaining that MGK was going to perform. I'm guessing she's the doting girlfriend. We watched from the VIP. Couldn't fault him he was good. But he brought her up to sing Bad things. I've never seen such sexual tension and it wasnt with MGK. Her and $lick where basically undressing each other with their eyes. I felt awkward watching. She actually went on to perform a few covers. Yungblud had arrived and she did '11 minutes' with him, 'bring me to life - Evanescence', 'crushcrushcrush - paramore' (ironically), 'you outta know - Alanis Morissette' and 'pain -four star Mary'. She had a set of lungs on her and I wouldn't have guessed she would know some of those songs. She threw herself down lying with her head on MGK'S lap and her legs on Yungblud.

"I'm hot" she fanned herself

"Yes you are" MGK ran his hand down her stomach . I felt $lick flinch next to me and stand up announcing he's going for a smoke. What is up with him crushing, he's not been interested in any woman for like a year and the first one he gets hooked on is taken. Typical $lick makes everything harder than necessary.

Just as $lick gets back to the seating area MGK pulls Amber up onto his lap. $lick looks like he's about to lose his rag. My lil mama must have noticed and places her hand over his stroking it to sooth him. MGK gets up to leave, speaking to us individually. He's a nice guy. I see  Amber making her rounds saying goodbye to everyone. She lingers talking to $lick but walks away smiling sweetly. I wonder what she said, I'll have to ask him later