XVII

Scrim

After putting Shay to bed I go sit in my balcony for a smoke. I need to speak to Oddy, he needs to figure out what he wants. It's not fair on Shay. This needs to be sorted now. We've brought her to a different country after a bad situation at home and made her life even more awkward. If he likes her he needs to tell her.  I drag myself to bed and fall into a deep sleep thankful to be home.

I wake up earlier than expected I shower and get my laundry ready to go in. Sitting downstairs drinking my coffee waiting for it to be done. It's completely silent in the house other than the hum of the washing machine. It feels strange. There's normally music playing or the TV on but Shay is still sleeping. I kinda like the silence. Gives me time and space to think. I was close to finalizing my solo album and then what. Would I tour without Oddy? I wasn't sure I was ready for that. He was like my moral crutch which made me chuckle because he's not exactly the picture of perfect morals. I don't know what I'm going to do about this whole Shaina situation. She was obviously hung up on Oddy and Jeni was still on the scene. I'd just have to try and keep them apart as much as possible. Try and spare her feelings. I needed groceries and I want to get her used to the house and the area. Not that if let her out in New Orleans alone. Even in this neighborhood

I make a grocery list and stick it in my pocket to go see if Shaina is up and wants to get out if the house. I knock on the door and she tells for me to come in. It's the first time I properly see the room. It's nice and she's put her personal stuff out and she's made it he own. She's sat on the rug in the middle of the room. I pull her up but misjudge my own strength, she's only a little thing. I end up falling backwards onto the bed with her lay on me. Before I can register what's going on her lips are on mine. I automatically wrap my arms around her and she deepens the kiss I run my hand down to her ass. She bites my lip making me moan. I grab her ass, it's a nice ass juicy and plump. She uses my moan to slide in her tongue before I can take pleasure in it I hear my front door slam and Oddy shouting up the stairs. I get up and walk out without saying a word to her.

Shit. Does she like me? Is she just lonely? Do I like her? I didn't have time to think because Oddy is downstairs for some unknown reason.

"Hey mane what's up?"

"I just wanted to come over and apologize, I've been in a shitty mood. But hopefully things should change. I asked Jeni to leave. Told her it wasn't going to work out"

"Oh shit mane" oh shit "How did she take it?"

"Well to be fair. She knew it was inevitable. We didn't get on enough to warrant a relationship. Sexual compatibility is not the basis of a healthy relationship"

He chuckles "No mane it's not"

"I know you know I gave Shay that hickey. We got close and it happened and then I freaked knowing it's not fair because of Jeni. Then she fucking turned up and it's all gone to shit. I need to apologize to Shay"

"She's not awake, I popped my head in on her just and she was just going to asleep. I'd leave it a couple of days till she's settled" I'm lying through my teeth because I have no idea what just happened and I don't need him confusing everything even more.

"Oh okay. Well I'll leave you too it. I'll come over tomorrow for us to record. I'm going home and smoking some weed"

"For a change?"

"Yeah, love you Scott mane" 

Shit my real name "Yeah love you too Aristos"

I headed up to talk to Shaina I needed to know where her head was at. Oddy had split up with Jeni and I'm guessing because of Shay.  Could I stand in the way of him trying to pursue her? But do I just ignore that fact that I've not let any girls in these walls in my head since I've been sober and this one has waltzed straight on in. Yeah she's hot but do I see her in that way? I've been that focused on saving her I've not really looked at her as someone other than someone I need to protect.

I needed to talk this through with Shay see where her head was at. I wait till I see Oddys car leave and my gates close. Then I walk up to her room. I peak round the door that's open and see her standing there in a towel with another wrapped around her head. She looked deep in thought. I thought better not disturb her. Untill she went to drop her towel. I spoke quickly before she had chance. She spun round the. Towel on her head falling off to the floor while she clutched onto the one round her body.

"Yeah, let me just get dressed" she disappeared back into the bathroom coming out dressed in a robe. She motioned to the bed. We sat in silence for a few minutes, me trying to gather my thoughts I to a sentence.

"What so you want?" That didn't come out how I wished. It wasn't very articulated but it got the point across

"If I'm being honest I don't know" she looks down at her hands, picking at her nails