||C21||

~

A loud beep jolted Faye awake. She clumsily fell out of bed and jogged over to her ringing phone that was plugged into the wall. Surprisingly Jungwoo had not even stirred at the screeching cell phone.

She peered at the phone to see her mothers name flash across the screen.

Shit.

Faye cursed at the fact that she had completely forgot to tell her mum about the bonding.

Answering the phone she mentally prepared for her mum to ask a million questions once she told her the news.

"Hello" Faye greeted in English.

"Sweetie how are you doing? Are things going better with Heejin and Eunbi?" Faye sighed at the mention of her friends.

"Yeah I guess. I haven't been talking to them lately" Faye half lied.

"You can always come home, your friends here miss you."

What friends?

"Actually mum I can't go move out there"

"There are plenty if universities out here Faye. I would love-"

"No mum I really can't move out there now." Faye interrupted- she was starting to get frustrated at her persist mum.

"Faye what do you mean?" Her mother's words dripping with worry.

Faye took a deep breath. "I've soulmate bonded."

The line went silent. Faye thought her mum had hung up until a sigh escaped her lips.

"Faye I was worried about this happening." Faye was confused. Shouldn't her mother be happy for her? Her mum had always been excited about the fact that Faye had a soulmate.

"Faye is there anyway you can move back here with him maybe?" Anger began to swell up in Faye chest. She was mad that her mother who thought Faye could easily up root two lives and come back home.

"Mum I've told you I'm not moving home. I'm so tired of you always worrying about me. I'm almost eighteen-"

"Faye. I am worried about you but that's not why I wanted you to come back home. Your dads sick again."

Faye breath was caught in her throat.

"I called you to tell you that he's back in the hospital with heart problems again. They are not sure if they can fix it this time"

Faye could hear her mother begin to cry through the phone. Fayes own tears began threatening to fall out.

"Is he going to be okay? Has he gotten surgery or anything? Tell me mum."

Deep down Faye always knew the real reason she decided to move to Korea. The endless nights studying the culture and language gave her a excuse not to visit her dad.

He didn't look like dad. He had tubes connected to his frail body and his hands were always cold and clammy. Faye spent hours dreading seeing her dad- moving to Korea was the perfect get away.

"He got out of surgery a few hours ago but he is still asleep. The doctors don't have much news yet."

Faye heard someone stir in the bed.

"Mum I have to go. Call me with any news?"

"I will Faye."

Faye ended the call and shoved her head in her hands hoping she could wipe away some of the tears.

Jungwoo groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes. He glanced around to see his soulmate standing in the corner of the room with her back facing him.

"Faye?" He asked. Slowly she turned around and kept her eyes on the ground. "Are you okay?"

Faye nodded and began picking at her finger nails.  Jungwoo could tell something was bugging her decided not to press into it farther.

"Taeyong said we have to be ready for nine thirty that's when the car comes-"

"Wake up!" A familiar voice screamed through the house.

The door swung open to reveal a energized Haechan.

"Morning soulmates" He said wiggling his eye brows at the joint bed. "You two should probably get up though. It's already nine."

Scrambling Jungwoo hopped out of the room. Faye stood there unfazed as she was still in a daze from her mother's shocking news.

How would she tell Jungwoo? Could she tell him? They weren't strong enough for her to take a trip back home.

She felt a panic attack rising in her pounding chest. Her breathing picked up as she was about to go into full panic mode when a small knock erupted from the door.

Calming her nerves she opened the door to see a man standing in front of her.

"Yuta right?" She asked.

"Right." Yuta smiled. "We have to go soon could you tell Jungwoo to pack his black runners instead of his green ones? The green ones squeak on the floor."

Faye meekly nodded and closed the door.

It wasn't long after Faye had gotten dressed that Jungwoo had walked back into the room.