||C66||

~

The manager paced around an empty office. His forehead creased in worry. Faye and Jungwoo only sat silently side by side on a couch across from him.

"Chan-woo that little..." He trailed off and muttered various curse word as he continued to pace around. "What is your relationship with her? How much do you trust her?"

The managers eye locked with Fayes. She immediately stared at the ground and though about her complex relationship with Eunbi.

"We became friends maybe five or six months ago-" Faye stuttered and began to play with her fingers in her lap. "I had a group of three-it was me,Eunbi and a girl Heejin. But they were always closer and I was like the third wheel I guess?"

Faye felt petty and embarrassed when she talked about her past with them. Jungwoo reassuringly grabbed her hand and rubbed soothing circles on it.

"She's always been a huge NCT fan-along with EXO, Red velvet-all the bands under SM" A deep frown formed on the managers face.

"We'll have to make her sign a confidentiality form and she'll need to-"

"Wait-"Faye interrupted. "I can talk to her and blow this off. I can make up something"

The manager looked at her sceptically. "That's too risky Faye. She could have told people by now"

"She only would have told Heejin. I can make up a lie-that's believable. Please just let me try. It will be better than doing a crap ton of paper work" Faye reasoned. The managers eyebrow knitted together.

"Okay look-we will keep this whole situation on the down low. Don't tell any one-schedule a meet up with your friends" Faye nodded along as the manger continued with his instructions. "Tell then you got an internship-nothing more"

A bubble of relief popped in Faye chest at his plan. She was so glad that this didn't have to become a huge ordeal.

Jungwoo shuffled on his seat beside her. "Couldn't you get in trouble for not telling your-uh boss or something?"

"If this is dealt with right-it won't become a huge issue. There will be no need to bring anyone else into the matter" The managers focus shifted to Faye "Sadly Faye you'll need to cut ties with both of these girls"

The pang of sadness that hit Faye surprised her. Aside from a few phone calls from Eunbi-she hadn't talked to her friends at all. Yet she was sad.

They had took her in when she was the classic shy new girl who everyone avoided because her Korean wasn't the greatest. Both of them had stayed up nights with Faye to tutor her when she struggled with school.

Eunbi and Heejin weren't her best friends but they had been her support system when she needed them.

"It won't be a problem" Faye cut all emotion out of her voice and tried to sound nonchalant. Jungwoo could see through her facade easily and gave her hand a strong squeeze.

"I can set up a date with them tomorrow" Faye looked up at the light and let it burn the tears that threatened the fall. She didn't know why she left like crying.

Jungwoo bid goodbye to the manager and wrapped his arm around Faye shoulders while he walked her back to the practice room.

The practice room was still empty and the windows that lined the walls showed the night sky. Faye assumed the boys were still going about their various tasks.

"Faye?" Jungwoo asked as he and her slid down the wall side by side. She looked up at him.

"I'm fine" Faye lied-she wiped the single tear that had fallen out of her eye. "I don't even know why I'm crying" A sad smile resonated on Fayes lip.

"Try to explain?" Jungwoo tucked her hair behind her ears in a soothing manner as she spoke.

"I never really liked my friends-but they've always been there for me" Jungwoo nodded along and stroked her cheek. "So it's just sad to have to completely cut ties with them-like a chapter of my life closed"

"I get that. I'm really sorry too-I can't help but feel like this is partially my fault" Faye glanced up at Jungwoo.

"No it's not your fault at all. It's just how life is now I guess" Faye shot him a lopsided grin in an attempted to cheer up her guilty soulmate.

Faye snaked her arms around Jungwoos neck and leaned her head against his shoulder. As they sat next to the wall she could hear the thud of his steady heartbeat.