||C52||

~

The dinner table was silent for a majority of the meal. Fayes mother had made spaghetti and meatballs- which Jungwoo devoured happily.

Jungwoo and Faye offered to clean up and insisted that Fayes mother went and lied down-drowsiness was evident on her exhausted face.

"I feel guilty." Faye opened up as she started drying the silver wear.

Jungwoo scrubbed the plates as his eyebrows scrunched together. "Why?"

"I just feel so bad that I've been-" Faye couldn't find the right word to describe it "almost like neglecting her? She looks so sad and lonely"

Jungwoo nodded as he placed the plates on the counter for Faye to dry and put away. "Its easy to neglect someone when your across you globe. You begin to think that your life is better with out them but in reality you need them."

Faye out down the plate she way drying at Jungwoos wise words. "For a guy who doesn't talk that much you have a lot to say."

Jungwoos eyes crinkled as he smiled. "I do give good advice"

Faye started putting away the dishes in the beige cupboards. "I should call her more often-and maybe come out for more than just Christmas."

"You only come out for Christmas!?" Jungwoo sputtered out.

Faye nodded shamefully. "I just built up this persona in my head of my mum-like she was this worry wart that babied me and made me more anxious"

Jungwoo began helping Faye put the plates away. "She doesn't seem like someone who worries that much-she's also not as awkward as you described her."

"I noticed that. I thought she would clam up when she saw you-maybe something changed." Faye pointed out as she put the left overs in the fridge.

The jet lag was beginning to kick in by the time they finished cleaning up. Jungwoo and Faye both changed into their night wear and awkwardly shuffled into bed- it was half the size of their one at home so Faye pressed up against the wall as much as she could. She fell asleep quickly in the familiar comfort of her old bedroom.

                                     ~

Waking up Faye hastily set about getting ready for the hard day ahead. It was her dads funeral today and nothing but dread racked her body.

Faye insisted that Jungwoo could use her bedroom to get ready but being the gentleman he was he changed in the bathroom.

The black dress she had chosen was simple. It was knee length and was short sleeved. Faye slid on black flats and put her hair in a low ponytail- she didn't see the point in wearing make up she knew that it would be cried off.

Gingerly she hiked down the stairs to be met with a startling sight.

Jungwoo was dressed in a handsome dark suit and was shuffling on his feet as her mother stood on her tippy toes tying his tie.

"Fayes dad always needed his tie tied- I've became a master of tying the darn things" Faye unknowingly smiled at the sight in front of her-she could tell Jungwoo didn't fully understand what her mom was saying, but he got bits and pieces.

She felt the broken pieces of her heart beginning to melt together.

Jungwoo double take when his eyes fell on Faye. The circumstances weren't great but he found himself staring at her. His mouth felt dry as Fayes mother stepped away from his chest. Faye looked beautiful.