Cutie Next Door/ Iceland

Characters: Emil Steilsson /Iceland

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emil was sitting on his bed, scrolling through Instagram on his phone and looking at the weird memes people posted.
He could hear the sounds of the TV in the living room where his older brother watched whatever show.

He thought the room was boring.

Pale blue walls covered in band posters, and pictures of him and his friends.
Grey carpet floor littered with energy drink cans, and waded paper from his journal.

It was rather bland in his opinion.
Nothing to really do besides go through social media or finish the homework the he refused to do.

He could go watch TV with his brother, but he was determined to be a moody teenager and stay in his room.

Headlights shone through his window as a car pulls into the neighbors driveway. He looks up curiously, and moved from his bed to see who exactly was showing up so late.

He saw a red convertible parked in the driveway, two people in the front seat, very obviously in the middle of a heated argument.

Emil's watched the pair curiously, trying to figure out what the muffled voices were saying.
Eventually the passenger side door opened and one of the people stepped out.
The car drove off, but not before receiving a hard kick to the door and a rather vulgar string of words.

Emil opened his window at last hearing the ending words from the angered person.
"-- you double crossing, dip shitty cunt!"

Emil cringed, but not at the words. The familiarity of the angry and sad voice made his heart skip a beat. It was the neighbor's kid, (yn).
Emil was pretty good friends with his neighbor, for the fact that you were just a few month older, and both of your parents had been been eachothers babysitters for years.

Not to mention the huge crush he had on since he was eleven.

He heard you hiccup as you wiped your tear stained face on your hoodie sleeve.
"That stupid jerk off." you say to yourself.

"Hey, (nickname)," Emil called out and you turned to look at his window, "What happened? Are you okay?"

You looked over at the blonde that leaned out the open window, and smiled at him as if you hadn't just been cursing at whoever had dropped you off.

"Hey, Em, I'm fine just my stupid friend being a jerk." You crossed the street to stand in Emil's yard under the window.

Emil could hear the lie, he wouldn't have believed a word even if he hadn't seen the whole ordeal.
"If you say so," the teenager said as he tried to look like he didn't want to jump out the window and hug the older teen, "You wanna come in for a bit?"

"I don't know, Em." you say hesitantly, "It's kinda late."

Emil couldn't help but give a small smile. He knew you needed a good relaxing moment, even if you wouldn't admit it.
And he knew exactly how to get you to take a break it.

"We have hot chocolate, and (favorite snack)."

"Your brother wouldn't mind?" You say after a brief pause.

"Nah," Emil says, "Who cares anyway, he's just an old man."

You chuckled, "Okay, Mr. Rebellious Teenager."

Emil closed his window and let out a small victory laugh as he ran downstairs to meet you at the door.

"What's the rush for?" Lukas asks as he watched his younger brother smile widely and speed walking to the front door.