P.J.

I watch as the star glimmer above the sky. I used to write down memories in an old book of poems. That was when I lived on my own. My life was pretty good back then. Until I had another accident. Then my mother packed all of my things and moved me out. I didn't know it happened until I got out of the hospital. Mother didn't pack my journal. It's still there. Sitting under a piece of wood. I hope whoever moves in doesn't find it. Or at least read it.

There's another knock on my door. It's just mother. My hands are resting on my knees. I can see the scars on my wrists. Some of them aren't from me. Some of them are.

I wish the rain was falling. Maybe then I could cry. But without the rain, I couldn't bring myself to allow my own emotions to rain. The girl in my memories come to mind. She comes to mind when I'm at my worst. When the days get dark and the nights get hard, she comes back.

Somedays I wish I could meet her. See if she is actually real, and not part of my imagination. But how would I even go about doing that? I feel like I want to see her. But asking mother just results in her getting mad. I tried to write down my thoughts again in another book. But the mother finds them and takes them away. Why does mother hate the idea of me finding this girl?

One of these days I will find her. Somehow.