5

"Last night she came to me in a dream. We were both crying in each other's arms. I wonder why we were crying. We seem so close in these flashbacks. Maybe she wasn't just a friend? Could it be that we were more? Did I have feelings for her at one point, is that why when she appears in my memories I feel so strange? Did she have feelings for me? I have so many questions and no one to answer them." Jungkook reads out loud, making so many more questions run through my head.

"There's a few more on these pages. Want to hear them?" Jungkook asks and I nod.

"So many memories of me that girl are returning to me. I wish I could write them all down here. My mother asks why I chose to write in this book of poems. I don't know how to answer her. I feel drawn to these poems I guess. Like I know them from somewhere." After finishing, Jungkook takes a long sip of water.

"So we have been through what, eight pages already. Nothing." Jungkook complains, shoving more fruit in his mouth.

"I know, I know. Sorry for bringing you into this weird mess." I groan and rub my cheeks.

"Oh no. This is the most fun since college. Your best friend from high school leaves you forever, all contact cut off. Then off all places, you get an apartment he used to live in with a journal telling us what he has been doing. THEN you see him today at the store, confirming he still lives in town. Best mystery story ever. I just wish I came prepared." Jungkook looks out the window, thinking hard about something.

"Come prepared?" I ask, nibbling on a slice of melon.

"I have the perfect outfit for this. Tomorrow is your day off right." My head confirms with a strong shake. "Great, we are meeting up tomorrow and this adventure will continue. What are your plans tonight?" I think for a second, eating a grape.

"Well, Jackson is taking me out for dinner tonight." Jungkook groans and his eyes roll back in his head.

"You are way too good for him." He mutters, angrily stabbing a melon slice. "Like you are way too kind, and sweet and smart and sexy. You need a man who is just as sexy as you." Jungkook rambles on, making my ears burn.

"Oh, he isn't sexy enough? Then who am I to date? You?" I ask and Jungkook chuckles.

"Oh, my sweet little bunny. I'm way too sexy for you." He smirks as I playfully hit his arm.

"So then Jackson isn't sexy enough and you're too sexy. Who is left?" Jungkook thinks again before smiling mischievously.

"What if. We meet Jimin. He sees your beauty and how much you have grown and changed. You fall in love with each other. You have kids and name the firstborn after your favorite person in the whole world. Me." Jungkook proposes making me frown.

"Oh come on now. What if I never find him again?" Jungkook shakes his head and reaches over the table. He gently grabs my hand and rubs a thumb against my knuckles.

"We will find him. I know that you guys falling in love sounds crazy. But really I just hope you find him again. Just from the way you talk about him I can get the sense you guys were close." I smile sadly and Jungkook continues to gently comfort me.

"Now come on. If you won't leave your unsexy boyfriend, we can at least show you off and make sure he appreciates you right." Jungkook shoots up and pulls me by the arm, dragging me to my room to get changed.

"Girl. You might actually be on my level of sexy." Jungkook looks up from his comfortable spot on my bed.

"Aw, that's so sweet. But I can't breathe." I finish walking out of the closet and look at my body in a mirror. Selfconsciencous, my hands rub up against the side of the dress. It was tight a tight red dress and showed everything. Curves and all.

"We can find you a new dress if you want to," Jungkook says, throwing his phone back on the bed. "Besides. I bet by the end of the night it will be on your floor." I shoot him a warning glare through the reflection in the mirror.

"Watch your tongue, Jeon." I threaten and he holds his hands up in defense. "It's too late to try and find another dress. Besides it's only for a few hours right?" I nervously pull the skirt of the dress down further, trying to cover more of my exposed thighs.

"You seem uncomfortable. Come on, lets get you a new dress." I nod my head and am about to follow Jungkook into the closet when someone knocks at the door.

"I'll get that. If it's Jackson I'll tell him that I still need to change." Jungkook nods before walking into the closet to try and find a new dress. Slowly, but carefully I make my way down the stairs and over to the front door. Opening it, I'm greeted by Jackson. He was wearing a light brown turtleneck with a black blazer and slacks.

"You look amazing." He purrs, allowing himself through the door.

"Well don't get used to it. Jungkook is finding me a new dress right now." Jackson frowns, closing the door behind him.

"But." He begins to walk towards me. "You look so..." I watch as he eyes me up, suddenly aware of how uncomfortable I was. "Delicious." He whispers seductively.

"Well I'm sorry but I just don't feel comfortable in this dress," I mutter and Jackson wraps a hand around my waist.

"But you look amazing." The words just roll off his tongue, nearly catching me in a spell.

"But she is in pain." Jungkook pipes in, stepping down a few steps, a lovely deep purple dress in his hands. "She would look just as amazing in this dress and she is in that dress." I glance over at the dress and pry Jackson's hands off my waist.

"Please babe. Can you let me change?" I look up at him, trying to plead with my eyes. He sighs, clearly upset, and pulls back his sleeve to looks at his watch.

"But we're going to miss our reservations." He complains, tapping his foot. Already impatient.

"Fine. Fine. We can go. Thank you for all your help Jungkook. Help yourself and lock up when you leave." Jungkook's face shows his displeasure with my choice, but I desperately needed him to be cool right now.

"Alright. Stay safe my little duckling. He walks down the rest of the steps and kisses me gently on the head.

"Thank you," I mutter into his ear. "Let's go." Jackson smiles and holds out his arm. I grab my shoes and slip them on and grab my purse. I link my arm with Jackson and wave goodbye to Jungkook before Jackson leads me out the door.