9

My eyes slowly flutter open. My senses are flooded the moment I wake up. The bright sun blinds my vision and the smell of breakfast overtaking my sense of smell. Bacon, pancakes, and potatoes. Curious, I throw the sheets off my legs and hop out of bed. Carefully my feet carry me down the steps.

Once my feet hit the wooden floor, I glance up to see Jungkook in the kitchen. He was behind the counter cooking at the stove. I sat down on still and watched as Jungkook flipped another pancake.

"Good morning bunny." I quietly say, my voice just waking up.

"Good morning little duck." Jungkook flips another pancake and slides over a plate. It's filled with hot potatoes, bacon, and a stack of pancakes.

"Now I'm little duck?" I question, eating a slice of bacon.

"Little duck, little bunny. Depends on the day." He turns off the stove and tops his plate off with the last pancake. "Water?" I nod my head and he fills two cups with water from the tap. Jungkook sits down in the free stool next to me. He hands me a glass and pulls over his plate.

"Thank you for breakfast." I take another bite out of the pancake stake and sigh. "You are such a good cook. You should be working with Seokjin instead of me." He chuckles and takes a bite of his own.

"Maybe, but I'd much rather work with you. Seokjin may be a cool guy, but get him in the kitchen and he becomes a whole new man. A much scarier man." We both shutter, remembering the one time Seokjin cooked with us.

"How is he doing by the way? I haven't heard from him since the wedding." My fork fills with potatoes while Jungkook shrugs.

"Not really. I got a message from him saying that he'll be getting back in a few days and wants to have dinner with us." I take a sip of water, washing down the syrup left in my mouth.

"It was such a beautiful wedding, oh I hope they enjoy their life together." Jungkook nods and finishes the final bite on his plate.

"Do you think you and Jackson will end up like that?" He asks, and I put down my fork.

"I hope so," I reply after some thinking.

"Well, I'm just happy with my friends right now. No need for romance when you have a bromance." I snicker under my breath at Jungkook's words before finishing the last slice of bacon on my plate. "Here hand me your plate so you can get ready. Bring the book down when your down okay." I nod and hand Jungkook my plate. He takes all the dishes and carries them over to the sink.

"I'll try to be quick." He gives a small nod before humming a tune. Washing the dishes along to the song in his head. Quickly my legs get me up the stairs, taking them two at a time. I chose to wear something comfortable. Opting for a pair of black sweats and a baggy white tee. I brush my teeth and run a comb through my hair before throwing it up in a ponytail. Before grabbing the book, my arms quickly pull on my bedsheets, making the bed. Finally finished, I grab the book from its place in the drawer.

"Are you done yet?" Jungkooks yells from downstairs and I quickly yell down a 'yes'. We reunite on the couch, sitting next to each other.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Jungkook asks, flipping the book open.

"Some sort of clue. Where to find him, or maybe where he was at one point." He nods, content with my answer.

"Well, we know he was here at one point. And there wasn't enough dust on the book for it to be there for long. So he must have been the last tenant. Right?"

"Correct, and then there's that day at the grocery store. He must still be in town." I add on, hope filling my heart. If Jimin could be found, I was going to find him.

"I wonder why we haven't seen him around town yet," Jungkook mutters under his breath and I shrug.

"Well, have you listened to how he talks about his mom. She must not let him go out much." Jungkook nods and clears his throat, getting ready to read to me again.

We read through the pages. Emotions running over us. My heart flutters whenever Jimin describes me in his entry, or whenever a memory of us comes up. My brows furrow in anger when I hear things about his mother. The conflicting feelings of the past coming up to fight with the newly found evidence. We get to one page when Jungkook chokes.

"What. What is it?" I ask curiously and peer over his shoulder at the page. There on one side was a drawing. It was a sketch of a boy on a cliff. His back was turned in the drawing and there was a telescope beside the boy. Stars of all sizes littered the page, creating a messy night sky. There was an entry on the other side of the drawing. Frantically I yanked the book out of Jungkooks hands and my eyes ran over the words.

I have finally discovered a place where I can't hear her scowls. Where I can't feel her presence. It's on a trail, not very private. But not many people come on this trail. It's calm here. The wind wipes away my pain and anger. I feel a sort of numbing bliss. I go there now on my days off. From sunrise to sunset. I'm there. In my happy place.

I look up and Jungkook wide-eyed and he curiously steals the book back. I watch him read and see his expression change.

"This is a location. This is a way to find him." Jungkook mutters quietly, turning to face me.

"There's only one place near us. Do you know Dimple Mountain? It's the only place I can think of." My hand quickly reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. My fingers frantically type the mountain into the search bar and scan through the thousands of photos before coming across one. It was a photo of a cliff at night, Jungkook holds the drawing up next to the photo and I let out a gasp.

"We gotta go now." Jungkook immediately gets up and begins to grab water bottles out of the fridge. "Come on, get your shoes on. We need to go now." But I stay frozen in my spot. Was I already going to see Jimin? After all these years, was I finally going to see him again? Jungkook walks over to me, most likely coming to pull me up when his phone goes off. Frustrated, he picks up and listens to the person on the other end. His face frowning after a while.

"Listen, can't you call anyone else? I'm about to help someone do something." He listens to the person on the other end and reluctantly pulls the phone away from his ear and mutes himself.

"Y/n, my friend Taehyung just called. His girlfriend just left him and he needs someone-"

"Go to him. I need to meet Jimin alone." I nod understanding to Jungkook and he unmutes the call. While he packs his small amount of things he tries to calm Taehyung on the other end. Telling him things to make him feel better. He opens the door and mouths a quick goodbye before shutting the door.