8

"I'm so happy for you. Even if I'm not pleased with the man." Jungkook gently puts down his tray, handing the dishes off to the dishwasher.

"Thank you Jungkook. I'm sad that I'm not able to tell everyone. I hope Jackson comes home soon." I put my own tray down and hand create a pile of dishes for the washer.

"Can I still come over tonight to work through the old book together?" He asks and I firmly nod.

"Of course, shift ends in..." My eyes glance down to the watch on my wrist. "Sweet! 5 minutes left!" Jungkook flashes a bunny smile and heads back out to the eating room. I follow him out there and collect the tabs from my empty tables.

"Alright, so is this the page we left off on?" Jungkook hops on the bed, sitting beside me. He leans up against the headboard, making himself comfortable.

"Yup." He takes the book from me and opens it to the new page.

"All of these are love poems. Do you think Jimin knew this?" Jungkook asks, resting his head against the wall.

"Most likely. I mean he was my Korean tutor for a while. One would hope he knew something." I reply and he shrugs.

"Do you think the poems relate to the feelings in the memories? I mean he might have subconsciously chosen this book to represent the emotions he was feeling in the memories." I haven't told him that the memories involved me. But I think he might know already.

"And what about the girl in the memories. The one Jimin is always mentioning. She sounds like you." Jungkook brings up, going through past memories.

"Cause she is me," I say flat-out. "All those memories. At least most of them, are mine." He looks in awe, before furrowing his brow. Like he was solving a puzzle in his head.

"But in these memories. The emotions well they sound like-"

"Love. Like he loved me." My words finish Jungkook's sentence. Cutting him off. We both look at each other, wide-eyed.

"Do you think Jimin could have felt that way? I mean you knew him better than anyone else. Where there any signs?" Jungkook asks and I sit back, leaning into the headrest.

"I mean, maybe. I really don't know. Can we read some more?" He nods and we both get closer so we can read together.

I haven't seen the girl in my memories lately. I miss her. I miss the warmth she gave me. I'm slowly forgetting her face. I fear to forget her altogether.

She returned! I'm so happy! I wish I could have run over to her in the memory and hug her. To feel the warmth again. But I couldn't. Instead, I watched her wave at a car driving away. Then the tears began. Once she was out of view she fell to the floor. I wish I could have run to her. To wipe away those tears. But I couldn't. Because I was in the car driving away.

"I think he loved you," Jungkook concludes. Tears threaten to fall as that memory set into my mind. That was a very dark day for me, not even my parents could drag me out of my room.

"I don't want to confirm nor deny our suspicions," I mutter anxiously. Breathing in deep and slow to control my emotions.

"Should we keep reading?" My nod allows him to go on, and he reads the next poem.

'Why are my eyes filled with tears

Hey, Stay by my side and laugh

A future without you is a world without color

Filled with monochrome coldness

Even the darkness is so beautiful.'

"What's the memory next to it? I can't read it, it's written in Korean." My finger points to a note beside printed ink.

My mother becomes more constricting as some memories climb back into my mind. I used to have a few friends, but Mother has driven them away. I feel my freedoms disappearing.

We continue to read, flipping through the entries. A trend begins to appear through the pages. Whenever Jimin expresses a feeling of anger or pain about his mother. He wrote in Korean. These entries described his relationship with his mother. The further we got into the book, the more disturbing the stories became.

Even in my own home I feel watched. Most nights I hide in a corner, watching from all angles. I feel her presence everywhere in the house. Even in the bathroom. It haunts my days like a ghost. It's choking. I go out too much now. Just trying to stay away from my house. I feel like she always there. Always watching. All I want is to feel a sense of peace.

"I don't remember his mom being like that," I mutter and Jungkook raises an eyebrow.

"Really? This mom figure sounds like she's never really liked you." Jungkook replies, making me frown.

"Wow am I that unlikeable?" His eyes go wide and he tries to defend himself.

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" He cries out, throwing an arm up.

"I know, I know. Just teasing you." I reach over and playfully ruffle his soft black hair.

"You're so mean little bunny." Jungkook pouts, leaning back and crossing his arms.

"Stop calling me little bunny. You're the bunny here."

"Why can't we both be bunnies?" He widens his eyes and sticks out his bottom lip. I feel my heart weaken beneath his pathetic gaze.

"Ugh! Your face has weakened me!" I sigh and close my eyes. "Fine, I'm your little bunny." Jungkook smiles proudly at his victory.

"Good! Now little bunny, I'm tired and far too lazy to drive home tonight. I shall steal your couch for the night."

"Alright then. Shall we finish the rest of the book in the morning?" Jungkook nods and both us begin to get off the bed. I grab a new toothbrush and fresh clothes for Jungkook and hand them over to him. While he showers, I put the book back in its spot. I head down the stairs and clean up the downstairs. I gather the leftovers and stow them away into containers. I stack the containers safely in the fridge. Once the last pan was clean I moved over to the couch. There, I threw a few blankets onto the couch for Jungkook. He comes down the stairs as I throw a pillow against the cushions.

"Sleep well little bunny." Jungkook smiles at me sweetly, holding my stuffed bunny from my bed in his arms.

"Really? You had to take Mr. Cuddles?" He nods and I sigh. "Good night Jungkook. If you need anything, just ask. Good night Mr. Cuddles." I wish them both a good night and we separate. Going to our appropriate sleeping spots.

As my eyes close and my mind shifts into the dream world. Jimin appears in my dreams. Old memories of the past being brought back to life in my mind.