19

"So Jimin, I do have a question about the journal." I begin, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"What is it?" He asks, eating a small handful of chips.

"That key in the back of the book. Hidden in the back cover." I pull the book out from beside me and open the small cubby. There lays the key, shining in the sunlight.

"It was from my dad. He gave it to me, told me it opened the one thing he would never let my mom have." He says, picking up the small key and holding it to the window.

"Okay, this may sound crazy." I lead on and Jimin turns to me expectantly. "But what if we go see your dad, and find out what this key opens. Who knows, going back to your home town could bring back more memories!" Jimin ponders this, thinking the idea over in his head.

"Are you sure? Can we even take enough time off to go down there?" I nod my head. If we leave after work tomorrow we can at least spend a day with your father before having to come back home." I continue to explain the plan and Jimin listens tentatively.

"How does all of that sound?" I ask once the plan is revealed.

"Sounds like I'm in." Jimin says, smiling in excitement at the small key.

The next day neither of us can control our excitement at work. We both come home eagerly to our prepacked bags. We quickly shove them into the car and begin our journey to our home town. About a few hours in we got a fast food dinner. The long hours in the dark were spent singing along to music. Talking about the past and talking about our hopes for the future.

Around midnight we finally stopped for the night and checked into our hotel.