18

"Good morning y/n." My eyes slowly flutter open and see Jimin smiling at me.

"Jimin?" I whisper, my voice was raspy from just waking up.

"Yes. Sorry, you asked me to stay last night and I was tired." He explains, his tone was nervous.

"Oh your alright, I should be sorry. I'm the one hugging you." I say noticing my arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

"I don't mind." Something about the way he looks down at me, I don't know how to describe it. Like butterflies, but happy and not nervous.

"Good, because I don't want to move I'm so comfortable," I mutter, trying to hide my head in his chest.

"As nice as that sounds, I do need to get home." My eyes go wide and I shoot my head up.

"Shit! Jimin your mom! What are you going to do?" He chuckles and playfully ruffles my hair.

"I have no idea."

Jimin had left and now I was sitting alone on my couch. Trying to decide what to do with my day. My mind was also consumed with worrying about Jimin. What his mother was awake when he got there. How would she react? Would Jimin have any freedom left? Would he have to move away again? Would he leave me again? That last question pained my heart. Saddening me, almost bringing tears to my eyes to even think about it. Besides, Jimin was a grown man. He can leave if he really wanted to. Then why didn't he leave before?

These thoughts swamp my mind and I rub my temple, trying to make anything go away. Instead, I tried to move my thoughts. I was now single. My eyes make contact with all of Jackson's stuff in my apartment. If I really wanted to get him out of my life, I needed to get rid of his stuff. There's a box sitting by the front door, perfect.

Pictures, old clothes, and small gifts are all banished to the box. Cleansing my apartment. Then came the next step, what should I do with it? The first thought that came to mind was to burn it, but I had no place to do that. Donate it? I pull out the photos and throw them in the trash. Then I close up the box and write 'Goodwill' across the top.

"There." With newfound strength in what to do today, my legs carry me up the stairs to get dressed. After getting dressed, my arms pick up the box and carry it down to the car. I get in and drive over to the nearest Goodwill. I had just finished donating all of Jackson's stuff when I get a call from Jimin.

"Hello?" I ask, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey y/n. Can I ask a favor?"

"Thanks for helping me y/n." Jimin rubs his neck and I flash him a smile.

"Of course Jimin, now get in quickly before she notices you left." Jimin quickly throws his suitcase into the back of my car. He opens the passenger door and quickly hops in. A woman appears out of the doorway of Jimin's house a few seconds later.

"Jimin! Please don't leave me!" She cries, her arms covered in scrapes and blood.

"Go, go, go," Jimin yells frantically. My foot lands on the gas and we speed away.

"So please explain it to me now. What happened when you got home this morning?" I ask once we're safely far away from the house.

"Well, when I got home this morning she was standing in the driveway. I got out of the car and she grabbed a bat from beside her and began to destroy my car. I couldn't watch it. I just ran inside and pack everything I owned and then called you." Jimin explains as I turn the car into a parking space.

"So that's why her arms were bloody?" I ask and Jimin gives a confirming nod.

"Hey, umm thanks for helping me. Hopefully, I only have to stay a day or two. I'll try and get a place soon so I can get out of your hair." I snort and Jimin glances over at me curiously.

"Don't worry about it. Your welcome to stay as long as you need." This causes Jimin to smile and we both get out of the car. "This was your place before, I don't see why we can't share."

"Alright then, but I'm sleeping on the couch." He says, grabbing his stuff from the back seat.

"Nonsense. I have a big enough bed, who cares if we share?" I watch as his eyes go wide for a second before they returned to normal.

"U-um okay." He stutters, making me smile.

"Great!" I grab his hand and link our arms together. "Come on roomie! Let's get you settled!"

We had just finished dinner and are laying in bed, ready to sleep. Jimin lays on the far side of the bed, reading one of the books from his suitcase. I was sitting on my side and was reading Hoseok's draft for his new book. It was beautifully written and had already drawn tears from me.

"So you don't find this strange at all?" Jimin sets down his book to meet my gaze.

"What do you mean?" I ask, setting down Hoseoks book.

"I guess it's because we are friends and I don't really know what the boundaries of friends are. And sharing a bed seems like more of a couple thing to do." He says and it makes me think. Trying to think of what to say next. I didn't want to say why I really wanted him to sleep in the bed with me. That when I woke up with him in my arms, it was the greatest feeling in the world.

"Well, some friends are closer than others." My face tries to cringe back at the terrible explanation. But Jimin seems to buy it. Growing tired, I put the draft in my nightstand and turn off my lamp. I turn over and see Jimin was doing the same thing. His lamp turns off and the room becomes blanketed in darkness.

"Goodnight y/n." I hear Jimin whisper after we finished shuffling around in the sheets.

"It's chilly tonight," I mutter, curling my body up to keep heat close. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me and pull me in. I glance up at Jimin and he smiles.

"Aren't we just close friends?" He asks, making it sound like a statement. I embrace the new warmth and rest my head on Jimin's arm. I try to ignore my beating heart and focus instead on Jimin's calm breathing. He must have already fallen asleep, his breathing slow and steady. My eyes close and my body relaxes in Jimin's embrace.