Chapter 36

Chapter 36

                                                        (Calum’s POV)

        “I didn’t bring a swimsuit…” Lee whines, crossing her arms over her chest.

        "So…neither did I.”  I wink, unbuckling my belt. 

        I pull off my socks and shoes.  Then slide off my pants, then my jacket and pull my shirt over my head.  The heater in the car is still on, but once I step outside, it will be freezing.  Lee hesitates, biting her lip.  She finally gives in and strips down until she is only in her bra and underwear.  I search the back and find towels in the huge mess I made earlier.  Lee pulls her hair into a ponytail and starts bouncing in the seat.  She looks at me and nods.  I push open the door, a gust of cold air hitting me immediately.  Lee shrieks and we sprint toward the ocean.  I let the towel trail behind me like a cape.  The air rushing at me pierces my skin.  I drop my towel beside Lee’s several feet from the waves. 

        “What now?”  She asks, breathless.

        Her arms crossed over her chest.  I smirk at her, then dip my toe into the water.  I slowly wade in entirely. 

        “Fuck that’s cold.  Shit.”  I try to breathe normally, but my heart is beating fast.

        Lee waits hesitantly, hopping up and down, trying to keep warm.  Then she decides to join me.

        “Just go for it.”  I say, my teeth chattering.  “Run right in.” 

        She nods then sprints her, the water slowing her pace.

        “Oh my god that is freezing.  Fuck.  Oh.”

      She swims out to me, where I am still standing, and I take her hands into mine.  Her hair is plastered to the sides of her face and her neck.  I pull her to me, my hands finding the small of her back and reach down to grab her bum.  She jumps, but I see a smile play on her face in the darkness.

        “Cheeky,” she whispers. 

       I smirk and flick my hair back up.  The feeling in my legs has been lost.  The water feels like a thousand needles piercing me.  Lee’s lips have turned blue and she is wrapping her arms around herself trying to stay warm.  I step forward and put my arms around her, holding her tight.             

        “Are you ready to head in?”  I ask.

        She nods, “I can’t feel…anything.” 

       We swim in and find our towels.  She rings out her hair first then tosses it over her shoulder.  I stare, mesmerized, at the water beaded at the small of her back above her gray, now black, boy briefs.  She turns and I can’t help but notice the water clinging to her classic blue bra.

        “Stop looking at me.”  She smiles, cloaking the towel around herself. 

        “I can’t help it when you’re so beautiful.”

        She sticks out the tip of her tongue.  I feel my heart beat get faster.  Lee and I stumble back to the pickup and I pull out the blankets and pillows that I had previously jammed in the back and put them in the bed of the pickup.  It’s not freezing outside, but it is cold, so I figured we could huddle together before driving back.  Lee pulls out the snacks I tucked in the back and we curl up in the back of the truck.  The air is crisp, but not biting at my face.  My damp hair is making me colder though.  Lee wraps herself in a blanket like a burrito.