7

Earth woke up from his slumber slowly. His hand went right to his aching head, he feels as if he was drunk the night before.

Wait, it's morning already?

His head turned to the clock on his nightstand, the date and time that showed there meant he has been unconscious for 3 days already, and his heat has ended?

His hand automatically went to his nape, checking to see if there's a bite mark or not.

He heaves a sigh of relief, his neck is unblemished, free from any mating mark. On one side he was happy to know that no unknown alpha marked him without his consent, but on the other hand, he was also sad. That means his alpha didn't acknowledge their fated bond and didn't mark him as his omega. His face turned down in sadness.

His memory was hazy from the heat yesterday, but it seems normal for it to end after three days of it, normal enough with the help of a suppressant.

He then stood up to prepare himself for the day, took a shower, wore his butler attire, and not to forget his scent-prevent collar around his neck. Now that he had experience from an uncontrollable heat yesterday, it was a bad choice to take off his collar during his heat. Because he could still remember the suppressant that didn't work for him that usually did, all because his fated alpha was under the same roof as himself.

Wait.

Why did his heat end in three days if the drug doesn't work?

The answer came to him when he asked the head butler about it the moment he saw the older man in front of his bedroom door.

"The young master administered a stronger suppressant for you while he bit his own arms to prevent himself from marking you," he explained.

Earth stood silent hearing that. Did the alpha still reject him even after smelling his heat pheromones?

He must have hated me a lot then. I wonder what I did to be hated that much...

Then, when he woke the young master with his usual task such as opening the window curtains, he saw it. A bandage wrapping around Kao's right arm. There's still a bit redness visible in the bandage, that must have hurt a lot, Earth looks down with a dejected expression on his face.

"Good morning, young master," he greeted with a little bow to the alpha who slowly sat up from the bright light shining straight to his face.

With a sad smile, not really expecting a greeting after all these days serving him. Earth was just about to go to the young master's walk-in closet when Kao's hoarse voice startled him.

"Morning."

TO BE CONTINUE

a/n: I'm sorry for torturing you all in thinking Kao bonded with Earth, I was also sad even if I was the one who wrote this. Let's just pray for Earth's happiness then.

Thank you!

Written on 21st of June,

junijunipers.