30

Slowly but steadily, Earth's anxiety gradually lessened, and it all thanks to his alpha who hasn't left his side even for a business trip. The alpha has been encouraging his omega to overcome every fear Earth has.

Kao doesn't have to ask who has been badmouthing his omega to know the names. He easily dealt with those ungrateful butlers with banishment from his house and he also made sure they'd never be hired anymore by other families. Call him cruel, but he can't let who had hurt his mate be scratch-free, rather, they should be glad to be still alive.

The nightmares Earth usually had never returned now. For the first, second, and third night after Kao came back, Earth was still tossing and turning on his sleep because of nightmares. Ever since he smelled his alpha's scent when he went to sleep, Earth hasn't got any nightmares anymore.

Nowadays, Earth has been spending his time with his alpha. Relaxing his mind with breathing both his alpha's scent and fresh air.

"Why don't we have our lunch here now, baby?" Kao asked his mate. They were taking a leisurely stroll in the garden, visiting a bunch of cute animals according to Earth.

Earth looked up, his hand still holding his alphas', "A picnic near the fountain?" he asked, hand pointing towards a white horse-sculpture fountain not far from them.

Kao nodded and he gave his attendant a signal to bring them food, then he guided his mate to the cloth that was laid out on the ground for them to sit on.

After they sat on the ground, Kao took the meat sandwich from the plate brought by a butler, and he gave them to his mate.

"You seem to like stuffing me with food nowadays," Earth said, after that, he bit the sandwich and moaned at how juicy the meat was.

Kao chuckles and his hand reaches out to the corner of his mate's lips, wiping the tomato sauce trace, then he licks said sauce from his finger seductively. Meanwhile, the omega stopped chewing because he got the shock of his alpha's sudden action.

"Y-you could just wipe it with tissue!" gushed the omega feeling somewhat embarrassed.

Kao smirked, "Why? This way I get to indirectly taste you, baby," he kissed the finger he had licked.

Earth hit his alpha's chest and placed down the sandwich to a vacant plate, "Enough, I lost my appetite," he said, wiping his hands with wet tissues.

"Don't be like this, baby. I was just joking. You need to have regular meals, more than regular if you can," pleaded the alpha to the sulking omega.

Earth was facing away from his alphas'.

"Okay, I won't tease you anymore today. You need to eat, please," said Kao. He then added, "You can't skip your meals, remember what the doctor said?"

Earth then turned his head right away, remembering the family psychology doctor they called over to help him heal his anxiety.

"You meanie!" he glared at his alpha who grinned seeing him reacted.

"Okay, okay, here, I better feed my bunny than have him sulking and skip his meals," Kao said while taking the sandwich Earth placed on the plate, and bring it into his mate's mouth.

Earth growled at how his alpha kept teasing him, but he was actually famished after their leisure walked just now, so he complied and bit into the offered sandwich with gusto.

After Earth ate one more portion of the sandwich, he's now happily sipping the lemon ale they have. Kao was wiping his hands with wet tissue then he sighed deeply. Earth turns his head to look at the sad expression on his alpha's face.

"I had promised you that I'll be here for you," Kao said, "But tomorrow I have to go to an important meeting out of town, what should I do?" he looked at his mate with a puppy-sad look.

Earth giggled at how dejected his alpha looks right now, "It's okay. I'm okay," he said. Seeing how his alpha seemed so down, he continued, "I've gotten better. Even the doctor was surprised by how quickly I have improved. Besides, I can just call Fluke over to accompany me while you're gone."

His alpha seems a bit perked up by that.

"How long will you be there?" Earth asked his alpha.

Kao answered, "A week, baby. A week without seeing your face is hurting me already, not to mention I'll surely miss your smell...Argh!" Kao shuffled his hair in frustration. Meanwhile, Earth laughed at how silly his alpha became now.

'I will be alright. I'm strong...Because I have you.'

TO BE CONTINUE

a/n: I'm so happy looking at Lung and his Mu's interaction on Twitter just now!

Updated on 3rd of July,

junijunipers.