chapter 7

Asher's POV

I have been out of it for three days and I have been staying at Esther's place ever since I came here crying, I feel worse everyday. Even when I went to the clan hospital, they didn't see anything and the only thing that makes vampires weak or sick is when we walk under direct sunlight without a ring.

I haven't had an appetite and I have been throwing up more, I don't even know what's wrong with me, am I that heart broken that my body is reacting too, I ran out of bed to throw up again. After throwing up for the forth time this morning, I made my way down the stairs to get myself a drink because if I go another day I might die.

"Morning Esther" I greeted her, she is sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Morning, how are you feeling" she asked closing her book coming inside the kitchen.

"Am still throwing up but I will be okay with some blood and rest" I got myself some blood from the fridge and put it into the microwave, I feel like having it while hot.

"You need to go for a walk, maybe you will feel better afterwards" I nodded getting my cup of blood, I sipped on it but I spit it out immediately because it tastes like shit.

"What the hell is wrong with this blood, it tastes like shit" I said wiping my tongue to get rid of the taste.

"What do you mean it tastes like shit, let me taste it" she took the cup away from me, she didn't spit it out "what is wrong with you Asher, it tastes amazing like always" I took the cup away from her, sipping it again. I spit it out, if anything it tastes even worse than before.

I went back to the fridge and got another bottle of blood and this time I decided to take it while cold, it still tastes bad, I got 10 different bottles but it still tastes bad 'what is wrong with me' "why is it that every blood I take tastes bad, every sip I make tastes worse than before" I said getting worried now "you're right, I need to take a walk, I might go crazy because what kind of vampire am I if I don't like blood"

I went back to the room she had given me to stay in, I haven't talked to Elena in these last 3 days am happy for that and she hasn't looked for me too. I don't think I would have been able to put up with her, with all of this happening to me. I went to the closet and got some sweat pants and a shirt, after dressing up I went back to the kitchen and found Esther in black jeans and a hoodie.

"Hey I will be leaving now" I said shrugging my jacket on.

"You're not going alone mister, what if you get more sick" she said standing up "where are we going" she asked as we made it to the door. Locking it, we went to my car and I let her drive because am not trusting my hands they are kind of shaking.

"We should go to the park and then walk around the city afterwards" she drove off to the city, leaving the clan lands. We went to the city while sitting in comfortable silence but am really not in the mood to be with anyone. I just want to go to the beach and sit there in silence while watching the amazing view of the sea.

"Esther, I think you should drop me to the beach, I feel like I want to be alone and you don't have to worry, I will call you when I need you to pick me up" she drove off in the direction of the beach.

"Call me when you need me" she said after we reached the beach. I thanked her and I went out of the car and started walking inside the beach. I walked passing families with kids playing in the sand and when I found couples holding hands I smiled, at least they are not cursed as me and they found the ones that care about them.

My walk was long because I am looking for a quite place, I reached a place with two to three people and I sat down in the sand feeling calm instantly. Hearing the waves of the sea that is so free without any worries and now I feel like crying again.