chapter 16

Asher's POV

"is she new?" I asked Peter, when I came back from Matt's cabin. I came to see him immediately because I have spent time without seeing him

"she is new at work but she keeps on flirting with me no matter how much I say no" he said sipping on his juice box, he is like a kid "when I said no, she lifted her skirt showing me her ass without pants and when I still said no, she said if I can't accept her then I have to be gay because no man has ever resisted her"

"There is a first time for everything"

"That's what I said" we both laughed at that and no matter how good looking you are, it doesn't mean every man or woman is going to fall to your knees, many will but not all. If 80% find you attractive the 20% doesn't "how was your second date with Matt"

"Amazing, we had so much fun" I said, a smile coming to my face but it was replaced with a frown immediately "something is wrong" I said standing up.

"What happened" Peter said and stood up looking around as if the problem is here, I could have laughed if I wasn't so scared right now.

"It's Matt, something happened to him" I picked up my phone dailing his number and no answer, I tried again and again but he is not picking up.

"Hey am here so that we can have fun, it has been long since we three have met" Esther said coming into the room but when she saw our terrified looks she became worried "what happened?" I dailed Matt's number again and he didn't answer.

"Asher is saying that something happened to Matt" Peter explained when he saw I wasn't going to.

"What happened, how do you know?" Esther asked and both their eyes are on me

"I don't know but I feel like his pain, it's like he is not active, I don't know how to say it" I explained as good as I can but I don't know how to explain it "I need to go to the cabin and check maybe he went back, catch my phone keep calling and if he picks up tell him to go to the cabin" she took my phone and I ran using my super speed to the cabin, the drive takes one hour but when I run I can use only five minutes.

In five minutes I made it to the cabin, I broke the lock because I don't have the key "Matt" I yelled running to the bedroom and he is not there. He said he was going to look for Alpha Derrick's history 'what happened'. I feel the tears start falling out of my eyes, "I can't lose him no"

I don't even know where to start from, I ran to his pack but I stopped far and waited for like 30 minutes because I wanted to see him but I can't this is useless. I ran back to Peter's place wanting my phone, it is the only way I can hear from him, I wish he could pick up.

I need to call him and if he doesn't pick up am going to enter his pack even if I die. I went inside feeling so helpless "Esther did he pick up" I entered the room asking and she looked at me without saying anything.

"Asher, Matt is not well" no he has to be okay, "he was scratched by a vampire but I told him to use his strength to go at the cabin, we should go now"

We all ran outside into my car and sat in the back of the car feeling lost 'what if he doesn't make it' he has to be in pain. Where did he find a vampire to scratch him, I will kill them if anything happens to my Matt, I gave Esther the location to the cabin.

When we reached his motorbike is not here 'where is he', we entered inside to wait for him but I can't calm myself now, I started pacing "he has to make it, did he tell you how long he was scratched"

"He fainted, he doesn't know"

"How did he sound on the phone" I asked as stopped pacing looking at her, If it hasn't been long he will be in pain but enough to ride here, she kept quiet like she didn't want to tell me "Esther how did he sound on the phone" before she could answer I heard a motorbike approaching.

I ran outside quickly and I found him approaching on his motorbike, he parked and I ran over to him helping him get him off. He was about to say something but I cut him off "shh, don't worry" I put his hand on my shoulder and we moved inside slowly.

Peter held the door for me as I entered laying Matt on the couch slowly, I removed his shirt slowly and the wound looks really bad."that looks bad" Peter commented making me give him the look that said shut up, I looked back at Matt biting my wrist and I put it in his mouth and asked him to suck.

He did and I removed it after a while as I turned to his wound "Esther please get me a first aid kit, it's in the kitchen on top of the cupboard" she left the room and I looked back at Matt, he is so sweaty and pale.

"Hey baby" my heart skipped at the word 'baby' , he said it in a low voice and he coughed hissing in pain.

"Don't say anything, you're going to be fine" he nodded and then closed his eyes "hey, hey don't close your eyes baby, look at me" he opened them and looked my way and I smiled, Esther came back and I cleaned his wound with warm water before licking the wound with my tongue so that it doesn't leave a scar, I got another wet cloth and put it on his forehead.

I have to wait for 20 minutes and the venom in his system will be out, I looked at my watch and it says 4:15pm so by 4:35pm he will be fine, we watched him for like three minutes and he is fighting to keep his eyes open but he starts shaking "what is happening?" I yelled fighting to keep him down, his eyes rolled back "I did everything as it is supposed to be" I said terrified of losing him now.

Esther caught his legs trying to help me hold him down. He calmed down after 2 minutes but it felt like forever and now his eyes are not opening and I can't hear his heart beat "Matt, open your eyes" he didn't, I started giving him CPR but it's not working, Esther pulled me off of him and she started hitting his heart.

"He can't die, Esther do something" he is not coming back, I went beside him holding his hand. I don't know what to do, Esther is still hitting his heart but still nothing "bite him" she said and I didn't hesitate, I pushed my fangs into his neck and the moment they connect with his flesh he gasped for air as if he has been suffocating.

I removed them from him and I hugged him tightly, I heard Esther and Peter sigh in relief. I cried while still hugging him "Asher, am fine now" Matt said but I can't let him go, I had lost him just minutes ago.

"I thought I lost you" I cried more hugging him tightly, I don't know how long we were hugging but I remembered that he was wound on his torso I moved away immediately "sorry, your wound" I looked at his stomach where his wound is supposed to be but it has vanished " that is not possible, it works fast if the vampire that scratched you is the one that gave you blood" I looked back at Esther, she always knows things.

She looks as confused as me "maybe it is because you're mates" Peter said and we all looked at him "all am saying is you don't know anything about you two being mates, maybe your saliva healed his scar because your mates" he said sitting down on the couch

When I looked back at Matt he just kissed me passionately and sweetly, when he asked for entrance I granted and he instantly took dominance. He explore my mouth before breaking the kiss, he put his forehead on mine and whispered "I missed you" I smiled kissing him again and he tastes like blood.

"I missed you too"