chapter 21

Asher's POV

I walked back to my house that I share with Elena and when I walked in, she is not here which is good for me. I opened the door and walked up the stairs into the guest room and packed a small bag pack and left before she could come back.

I closed the door and made my way to Esther's place feeling anxious about what she will say, I have not told her about me and Matt leaving to New York and am not going to tell my parents. They will force me to go with Elena.

My parents love and adore Elena and they think we make a good couple. I reached Esther's place and I opened the door going straight into the kitchen, finding her sipping on a glass of blood with a phone in hand. She is wearing only a big white shirt and socks "hey, Asher" she said as I made my way to where she is standing.

"Hi" I said giving her a hug "I need to talk to you" I said and she nodded taking her glass to the sink.

"About what?" She asked sitting opposite me while turning off her phone to give me her full attention. I heaved a heavy sigh.

"Esther, am moving to New York with Matt today" she looked at me confused "yeah we have decided to leave all of this behind and I got the opportunity to leave with the man I love while also running away from Elena"

"Why didn't you tell me before" she said standing up clearly trying to keep her anger in check "am your best friend and your telling me about this on the day your leaving" she yelled with tears in her eyes.

"Am sorry, I thought Matt would change his mind and decide to first want to know his real parents but he didn't"

"You should have told me even if it was just a thought" she yelled passing her fingers through her hair "we tell each other every thing Asher" she pulled her hair "you couldn't trust me with something so simple"

"I know-" I was cut off by my phone buzzing, I got it out and I have received a message from Matt
Hey, can we just meet at the airport, I can't make it to the cabin I frowned at the message. Why would he change plans last minute. I was going to reply asking why but then someone knocked on the door.

I looked back at Esther, she looks irritated and angry and I decide to help her get it "I will open it" she just nodded sitting back on the stool. I feel bad for making her sad, I made my way to the door and found a vampire around my age, wearing a black suit, with piercing blue eyes

"This is for you" he said handing me a white envelope, I got it from him and he ran away using his super speed 'weird dude'. I closed the door going down the hallway while opening the envelope and what I saw made me stop in my tracks.

Matt with different women having sex, he looks drunk in most of them with his hair messy and lipstick all over his face and it looks like he is the one that took the photos. They are like 50 photos and he is with different women in each one of them, I passed through all of them 'these have to be when he was in still in LA'

I looked through them until I found one that was different from all of them, this one shows that the girl on top of him is the one that took the photo and it is in the bed and room I recognize too well, this photo was from the cabin but the day he said that we were mates he said that he got that cabin a day before.

I felt my knees become weak with tears falling from my eyes "no he promised, it's not true" I picked up my phone calling him but he didn't pick up.

"Asher what is going on" I put all the photos back inside the envelope looking back up at her.

"It's nothing, I will be back soon" I said before running out of her house with the envelope in my hand. I used my super speed, running to the cabin. I don't know if he is there but I have this feeling like he has to be there and I arrived in five minutes I opened the door which was already open.