chapter 39

Matt's POV

I woke up feeling someone on top of me giving my lips quick pecks "wake up they are here" I opened my eyes and they connected with brown almost dark eyes that belong to my mate. I smiled flipping us over so that am in between his legs and he giggled wrapping his hands around my neck. I can listen to his giggles for forever and never get tired of them.

I kissed his lips so tenderly, wanting to feel his soft lips on mine. I hummed feeling contented that I have him here with me, I broke the kiss and looked at his swollen red lips as he opened his eyes "you're perfect, how did I get so lucky to have you" I whispered closing my eyes while attaching our foreheads

"Maybe it's because you're cute" I removed my head from his like I have been burnt and groaned. Why does he always destroy the moment, it was perfect with just the both of us here looking into each other's eyes but he had to call me cute out of the blue and he laughed about it "we have to go they are waiting for us downstairs"

"You just destroyed the moment" I got off of him and walked over to the door, angry at him. I don't even know where this 'Mr. Cute' staff even came from, I have always been told that am handsome and never cute never.

"Are you mad" he came close to me near the door and jumped into me like always making me roll my eyes at him "you're my cutie, accept it or I will give it to someone else" oh hell no, I may hate the name but that doesn't take away the fact that deep down I love it even though it is embarrassing and it made me blush in front of everyone and I never blush NEVER.

"It's mine alone" he chuckled giving me a kiss. He got off of me and pulled me out of the room, taking me down the stairs finding everyone already sitting there just like always. There are 2 new people sitting near Derrick and when we entered they both stood up immediately, one is a classy woman wearing a green dress that reach to her knees, she has her hair in a tight bun, she has a long face and hollow cheeks.

The guy is wearing a black tight suit, that is holding his muscles very well. He has an undercut, he looks strong and tall as me. He is really handsome, with blond hair and sky blue eyes. "Hi nice meeting you am Matt Smith and this is my mate Asher Jones" I greeted holding my hand out for the woman. She gave me a firm hand shake.

"Nice meeting you too am Leona Grey" I smile giving my hand to the guy next to her. He is looking at me but it's like he is not seeing me, I retracted my hand and looked at him wondering what is wrong with him. I raised my hand to his face and that seemed to bring him back from where he was

"Ah...am sorry about that" he cleared his throat "am Rodrigo, Rodrigo Phillips" I held out my hand to him and he took it. I tried pulling it away but he refused letting it go making me smile at him while looking at our hands "oh sorry"

Asher came and greeted Leona who gave him a simple smile, he came and held out his hand to Rodrigo. He took it but his eyes stayed locked to mine, I heard Asher glow. I looked back at him but he just pulled me back to our seat and sat really close to me while holding my hand.

I decided to just ignore what that was becau- "as we were told by your dad that you have to make a pack with both werewolves and vampires" Leona asked and I nodded yes "yeah, we need to start with showing both sides that they will be accepted to come and join the pack, that there will be equality and you will be able to protect them"

"How are we going to do that" I asked

"Not everyone that is in the pack or clan is being treated fairly, we have to first acquire those who are weak and vulnerable because all they want is to be equals and if you show them that, they will not care so much about anything" I nodded processing all that she has said

"Isn't that like stealing the council will go against us" Derrick asked

"Yeah but remember, if they accept to come freely then it is allowed by the law" Rodrigo said "the problem that we will get is that alot will oppose and many will try to attack you and when that happens that is where we have to show that you're powerful"

"So we have to train because I have been getting problems with my wolf"

"What do you mean?" Asher asked looking at me

"It's nothing but when shifting I get trouble" I sighed knowing they didn't get me and I need to elaborate more "my vampire is also strong that when I shift into my wolf, they fight each other and am worried that I might be in a fight and my vampire might come out" I looked back at Asher "that is why I want you to train me how to fight in my vampire form" he smiled nodding. I thought he will be mad at me for not telling him but he took it pretty cool

"Am excited to beat you" he said and my eyes widened

"Woah you're supposed to be the trainer" he chuckled nodding his head "anyway, when is this all going to begin co-"

"You have both" Rodrigo cut me off yelling in surprise "but that is like impossible, I smelled it but I thought just because your mated to a vampire your scents have to be mixed but, how...how do you have both"

"I don't know but I do have both" I didn't want to elaborate more

"Okay" he whispered seeming to be in thought. I decided to ignore him for now

"K do you know anyone named Lashyall's White" I asked coz she is also a problem and I would like to get away from the topic of me having both. They are werewolves and I wonder how they didn't even glow the moment they saw Asher.

"I have heard about the name but her information is in a book that only a few can read so it is hard to know her"

"Can you get the book for me or someone who has read it" he nodded saying he will try finding someone for me. She scared me and the way the moon Goddess talked about her seems like she is not easy to mess with but I have to do it "yeah thank you so much" I said getting up. I shook Leona's hand and then Rodrigo's "how long are you staying"

"We will see" I nodded looking back at Derrick

"Dad can I talk to you" I said but up till now Derrick's heart speeds up Everytime I call him dad. I ignored his excitement and walked outside the house into the near tree far away for them to not hear us "so this is all happening but I really don't have money on me and I wanted to ask for your car so that I can go back to the cabin and get my wallet"

"No, this was all thrown to you and I will help you out" he removed his credit card from his wallet "let me give you everything I missed providing when you were still young" I was going to argue, I don't need his money and I know that what I have on my account isn't enough but it is enough for a start. His love is enough for me and he doesn't need to make up for all those years "I know you're a grown up now and am late but let me help you out, I have worked all my life and I would like to share all that is mine to you"

I hugged him tightly 'what would I have done without him' "thank you" I pulled out of the hug as he handed me the card. Then I remembered that he called me a grown man "at least you think am a grown up"

"What? Your Asher thinks you're a kid" he said with a big smile

"Yeah, he even thinks I need a babysitter" he laughed out loud at that

"Maybe I should take that and give it to Asher" I glared at him for even saying that. Is he fuckin serious, taking my mate's side over mine

"Not you too" I groaned getting away from him and he laughed following me.

"You know I want what is good for you" I turned around and glared at him but he chuckled at me, I groaned again walking away from him 'Asher is messing with my dad's head'