Aching heart.

Can I get few inline comments? 🙃

An aching heart full of regrets
is worse than a heartbreak.

_Aastha.

___________________________________________

Aksh Singhania's P.O.V.

Hours passed, and I just sat there, unmoving and looking at her unblinkingly. Surprisingly, even after crying constantly my tears haven't dried. They were falling down silently all the time. I was memorising each and every feature of her face, trying to etch her deep inside me. She looked angelic under the white lights of the room, and I was left wondering how did I not melt after seeing her innocence. I hated myself more and more with each passing second. How did I turn blind to this fragile beauty's pain?

I'm fucked up.

My hold on her hand tightened with the thought. She didn't deserve any pain. She was one of those souls who are selfless and kind and deserves everything this fucking world can offer but all they receive is the cruelties. My heart started aching, not for myself, but for the things which has damaged my Mehak which she didn't deserve even a bit. She has beared so much and I've broken her so much.

I have damaged her.

"Please. Wake up, babyrose. I promise this time I'll fill your life with all the fairytales memories which you wished to incarnate. I promise I'll surrender myself  to you. You'll have me on my knees worshipping you, and begging in front of you. You can punish me in every humanly way possible. But just wake up. Come back to life, rose and show me real hell here. I'm willing to let you fill my each cell of the body with pain. I know my rose is strong. She has beared so much like a brave fighter. And my fighter, you need to wake up and punish me, your destroyer." My shivering voice echoed softly in the hospital room. It is sheer torture to admit in front of her that I'm her destroyer, but truth is truth.

An ever aching heart is what my sins have rewarded me with. I smiled a teary broken smile. There is always a tranquility when I feel pain. It feels right. I've given her pain, I should bear it with more intensity. I want the pain to engulf me and crush me till no end, cause no matter how much pain I go through with, it still won't be enough in front of my doings. The pain which has broken my rose, I want the same pain to break me, double than that of her.

I promise I will break myself more than I broke you.

I heard the door creak, and got shut with a soft click. I didn't turn back, too tired to face anyone. It's exhausting to lock so many emotions inside my heart with no way of release except my tears which doesn't help much either.

"She's looks peaceful." An unknown voice reached my ears and I slowly turned around still holding her hand close, to find a boy of early twenties standing there with a sad smile touching his lips. He looked disappointed and guilty and angry all at once.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to recognise him.

"Her only friend." He whispered. I felt insecure to see the soft expressions on his face while he looked at her. I felt possessiveness creeping back. I don't want anyone else to look at her with those adoring eyes. I'm very protective of her.

Why didn't you protect her from yourself? My inner self mocked.

"Only friend?" The word only caught my attention. Doesn't people make many friends these days?  How can such an angel like her cannot have friends?