The Blare of Humiliation.

"Can love heal you?"

___________________________________________

Mehak Singhania's P.O.V

The sunny rays penetrated my clouded eyes. I flinched at the sudden stroke of light falling on my eyes, watering them some more. Night was sleepless, full of sobs and agony with no hope of a better morning. Additional to it, the happy memories, the love - filled memories, the memories of the shade of his gentle love, they multiplied the scrouching burn of my heart.

Memories became a curse for me.

I sweeped my eyes shut once more, wanting them fall shut for, forever. Anything was better than this nightmare of mine. My hands laid lifelessly on my sides, not even having enough energy to adjust myself, as my ribs and back ached in synchronization. The ache made me feel helpless enough to not have the courage to hide my half covered and half naked body with the saree.

My modesty is snatched away already.

Locking away the light behind the closed curtains of my eyes, I stayed still, for what seemed like ages, never moving an inch. The burn in my bruises kept growing, but my body refused to make any movement. My eyes became foggy, in the haze of sleep, as I felt the exhaustion lulling me to doze off.

Relief courses throughout my veins, hoping to be away from the painful reality in the mist of sleep atleast for few moments, but I jolted upwards at the sudden gush of water falling on my face. My lips trembled at my own helpless state, as I opened my worn out eyes. He stood there in all his demonic glory, passing me a sinister smirk, as he gazed at my battered body with satisfaction.

The water droplets thrown on my face streamed down alongwith my tears, mixing together. I drew my lips inside, and clutched it between my teeth hardly, as my eyes started burning. I gazed at him, as his eyes travelled down at my chest full of bruises, and a smile made its way on his lips. I breathed a deep gulp of air.

He has no remorse.

His eyes looked black. I tired to search his eyes to perceive any single emotion if acknowledgement. I tried harder to find a single glimpse of the Aksh I knew. My heart kept sinking with each passing second, but I kept trying to find emotions in his eyes, not wanting to give up. I searched his face, for a single facial expression which will give away the glance of the man I love with all my heart, of the man who loved me.

But disappointment was slapped right on my face.

Nothing.

I got sight of nothing, which would ensure me of my Akshuu's presence somewhere inside this devil standing in front of me. He looked someone new. Someone who has no acknowledgement about my pain. He looked like a monster again, the same monster who rendered me lifeless last night. A tiny hope was still there inside my heart, the heart which is filled with only love for him still hadn't given up, it still hoped foolishly that maybe, maybe he will realise the damage he did, after waking up. Maybe he'll feel his rose's agony. Maybe I'll get back the only person who made me experience love. Maybe I'll get my Akshu.

But maybe I was born cursed, with no hopes of love.

The microscopic hope got crushed, crushin' my lifeless heart a bit more, as I caught nothing but the same disastrous calamitous eyes which stared back at my howling eyes. I gulped mouthful puffs of air again and again, to push down the knot forming in my throat.

*Splash.*

A second gush of water hit my face again, as he emptied the rest of the jug on me, after satisfying his eyes with my blue bruises. I coughed vigorously as the water entered my nose at the second attack of his.