Three weeks ago

A.N.:// This was more of an experiment, really. But it was fun to write. I hope you like the concept :3

Also ... if you want to imagine what magic feels like to Arthur... my views to this are based on my feeling when listening to 'Low Roar'. (As you can listen to in the video.)
This music gives me chills. The effect is strongest when you listen to it for the first time via headphones or a good surround system.
I would recommend 'I'll keep coming' as THE song that first buzzed my brain. (It works against headaches too for some reason. )
I hope that is kind of accurate XD
I am not getting paid by them, but I love their music. If that doesn't quite fit the writing ... sorry XD But it's still worth listening to :3 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Weeks earlier. Perspective of prince Arthur:

There was something strikingly familiar about this boy.
He looked frightened. Terrified. Confused. As though he didn't even know where he was or how he got here.
But he was what he was. A child at the age of nine years. Brought in front of the court because he was a druid. He had magic, yes. A limited amount. Untrained. Protected by only the druids or so they said.
He was small. Maybe, barely reached Arthur's waist. Brown hair, brown eyes.
He was pale.
Despite the fact that he must have spend most of his time in the sun. Being a nomad and all – the boy looked ashen.

He would burn. Arthur knew, because no less than two knights had reported to the king that the boy had been using magic outside the gates.
The boy – a foreigner – had been found in the lower town. Coming from the dark woods.
Irritated, he had been wandering the forest.
And he had been using magic. All confused, but amazed, like he was testing it. He had looked like magic was the most wonderful thing he had ever seen. Or so Leon reported.

He had played with it. Seemingly not caring for the consequences.
Why would he? He was only in Camelot. The one place that would want him burn at the pyre.

The boy stared at Uther Pendragon and the sentence that had just been proclaimed.
"The pyre?", the boy stared at the king, like it was Uther who had gone mad.
"You can't seriously mean that! I mean – I -", he shut his mouth and helplessly turned to stare into Arthur's eyes.
The boy shook his head confused.
Arthur felt a weird sense of dejavu. Did he know this boy? Had they met? Arthur was pretty sure he would know, if he had ever seen a boy such as this.
Arthur could spot sorcerer's from miles away – or so he thought.

"Magic is illegal in Camelot.", the king declared unimpressed. "The only punishment fit for such a crime is death. Guards, lead him to the dungeons."

Arthur couldn't bear watch this. Helplessly, he searched for his best friend. Who – as always stood close to the door. Not too far away. And yet overlooked by everyone but Arthur himself.
Merlin's eyes were fixed on the boy who knelt in front of the king. A certain kind of pain reflected in Merlin's eyes.
And to Arthur's surprise, the boy looked right back at him.
Mouthing something that desperately looked like: 'help me'.

"Father, please. He is just a child.", Arthur finally began, the boy's eyes glancing at his interference.

"Arthur, you know the law. I cannot make any exception."

"Not even for your own son?", the boy suddenly asked, trying to find Uther's eyes. But shrunk into himself, as he realized the king only had an icy glance for him.

Uther looked enraged. But it was cold fury. "Take him away."
Arthur fidgeted in his position, as he watched the boy disappear. "Father?", Arthur asked, just as conflicted as the druid looked earlier.