Back to school

September 1st, 2019

Dear Heather Chandler,

It's been a while since I last saw you. When you walked into the cafeteria doors I lost my breath for a second, I forgot how to breathe. I know that sounds cheesy like in some shitty teen movie, but it's true. Before school started I managed to reconnect with McNamara and Veronica, Mac says you're doing well and Veronica tells me how much you changed. Remember when we were all small so oblivious to the world around us?

Those we're good times, before my mother died (if you could even call it that it was more like suicide), before Jason was abusive, when you we're rude but i still somehow managed to fall for you. I didn't understand my emotions enough to realize it until I was talking to Mac. She had the smuggest look on her face when I started rambling about these feelings I had around you. It was like I had a mini heart attack anytime you smiled or laughed in my direction. I know I don't deserve to have these feelings but I can't help it and I know you don't feel that way but I keep hoping, dreaming that you return my feelings. I guess what I'm trying to say is I love you and I don't want to feel this way because my heart is only going to get broken. Aside from those feelings, Jason's abuse has slowed down.

 My guess is it's only going to get worse when school starts. It always does so it shouldn't surprise me. I guess I just hope that one day he'll see me as his sister and not some punching bag for all his emotions. Maybe this year will be different, because we're back in a town that we spent a few years in, because this is the year something in Jason changes, because this year I'm not alone and you'll be there to comfort me. It's all a fantasy but I wish it were true.

Always yours (Y/N) Dean