His kids broke him

November 5th, 2019

Dear (Y/N),

Life after everything that happened is strange. Everything sets you off. The smallest thing Duke says makes you clench your fist. No one dares to mess with you, I can't tell if it's just your suppressed emotions from Kurt and Ram dying, or just you finally learning to live without someone constantly looking over your shoulder and picking at every little thing you do. Even Mac doesn't want to set you off. It's not you. I know you, you aren't so violent, nothing really sets you off. But now...now you're just a ticking time bomb. I'm not afraid of you, I know you'd never hurt me. I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about you. 

You get up early, you come back to my house late, you don't go hangout with Duke or Mac anymore. No one knows where you go, no one wants to find out. You leave school whenever, sometimes you tell me, sometimes you don't. It's weird. And sometimes, sometimes....I think I hear you talking to someone. Maybe into just imagining things, or you're on call with someone but I swear I hear you talking. I'm not going crazy, and I know you aren't the type to lose your mind, granted you killed your brother and lost Ram but I didn't think it hurt you this badly. You went from carefree to troubled in minutes. 

One day you're reading and talking about Moby Dick with Duke and the next you're shoving some loser against the wall and beating the shit out of him. People are starting to ask questions. No one saw you detonate the bomb but there's rumors that you planned this. Some wonder why we didn't go to his funeral. Mac filled us in on how it went. 

Your dad was bawling like a baby because his "precious little girl" wouldn't talk to him and only went home to get clothes or eat. He was the only one crying, everyone else just stood there. Silently judging him as he cried. You don't even look at him anymore, you just move around him, you'd never even wave at him if I didn't make you. Big Bud Dean is broken. Hopefully no one finds out his kids are the ones that fucked him up.

Yours Truly- Heather