I wish I were Heather

Heather smiled and sat down silently. Jason tapped my shoulder and pointed back to her. I laughed quietly and shook my head. "I know she's there stupid." I said as I tried some cords and sang quietly. 

"This isn't fair." He said. "Are you fucking serious? Stop being so whiny just because you can't go stalk Veronica." I said. "If you let me go I'll stop bothering you when Heather's around." He said. I slammed my hand on the piano and glared at him. "If I say yes will you stop giving me a fucking migraine?" I asked. "Yes." He said. 

"Then what are you still doing here?" I asked, glaring at him. He held his hands up and floated away. "You should go to bed." I said as I turned back to Heather. "I don't want to." She said. "Baby you need sleep." I said. "So do you." She said as she sat down next to me. "I slept earlier." I said as I went back to working. "Oh yeah? When?" She asked as she moved closer and kissed my neck. "Before I came over now quit distracting me." I said as I gently pushed her head away. "Come back to bed and cuddle with me." Heather said. "I wish...but no go back to bed now." I said as I read through the lyrics. "Not without you." She said. "I'll be working all night." I said as I tried to focus on the notes as I played them. "Can't you work on it tomorrow?" She asked. "I can't afford to miss anymore classes or skip. I've been out for a week. My grades went from a solid B to Ds." I said. "Don't even make that joke." I said as I flicked her nose. "Dang it how'd you know?" She asked. "Because I've known you for long enough to know you'd compare tit sizes to anyone at any point." I said. "I wouldn't." She said as she kissed my shoulder. 

"The first week I got back I overheard you trying to guess my size so don't even try." I said. "Damn was it that obvious?" She whispered in my ear. I blushed slightly and moved my head away. "Next time don't just stare at my chest and raise your eyebrows." I said as I pat her shoulder and played a few notes. "I was not...I was looking at your....your..Necklace?" She said trying to find some believable excuse. I laughed and smiled. "I didn't have a necklace on." I said. "Your shirt was backwards." She said quickly, blushing bright red. "Nice try. But also no." I said. "At least I didn't stare all day and drool over you." Heather said as she grabbed my thigh and kissed my neck. "Mm but you did." I said. "No proof." She whispered. 

"Ask Ronnie or Duke. Now hush up and let me work." I said. "Or I can keep talking and distracting you until you cave in and come cuddle in my bed." Heather said. "Tempting but still no." I said. "Please baby?" She asked softly. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'm working right now." I said as I went back to working. Heather got up and hugged me from behind. I smiled and leaned back against her. "Can I at least stay here?" She asked. "Fine but don't distract me." I said. "No promises." Heather said as she kissed my head and smiled. I smiled and hummed softly as Heather played with my hair. "Sing it to me." She said suddenly. 

I looked back at her and smiled. "It's not done yet." I said. "Like I give a damn. Please?" She asked. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Just this once." I said. I rolled my eyes as she smiled and hugged me from behind tightly. 

I still remember 8th of September, You in my trench coat,
I said it looked better on you than it did me,
Only if you knew how much I love you, but I watch your eyes as she walks by,
What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky,
She's got you mesmerized, While I die.
Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half a lovely.
She gave you her sweater, it's just polyester, but you like hers better. Wish I were Heather.
Watch as she stands, with you holding her hand, put her arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder.
But how could I kill her? She's such an angel, but then again kinda wish she were dead as she walks by,
What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky.
She's got you mesmerized, while I cry.
Why would you ever love me? I'm not even half as pretty.
She gave you her sweater, it's just polyester but you like hers better.
I wish I were Heather. Wish I were Heather, Wish I were Heather.
Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty, S
he gave you her sweater...It's just polyester but you like her better....
Wish I were...

 I sang as Heather rested her head on my shoulder. I slowly stopped playing and carefully turned back to look at Heather. Heather was dead asleep. I smiled and carefully laid her down on the chair behind us. I walked to the hallway closet and grabbed a blanket and some pillows. I turned off the lights and threw the blanket over me and Heather. Heather smiled in her sleep and pulled the blankets closer to her body. 

I laughed softly and put a pillow under her head before laying down next to her and slowly drifting off to sleep.