I remember your eyes...

September 1st, 2019

Dear (Y/N) (L/N),

I miss you more and more each day. Although you'll never notice how my heartbeat soars when you walk by or when our teacher calls on you and you glance at me and smile. It's been so long since I've talked with you. I know it wasn't fair. I left you regrettably alone. I didn't mean to forget you, or push you away. Being popular got to my head and I couldn't find the words to say. Last time I saw you smile had to have been years ago. All your smiles are broken and they don't quite reach your eyes. I wonder if someone broke your heart? Or if you're depressed still. I know it was never easy growing up with Jason. Yet every day you told me you still loved him. He's the only link to our past that hasn't gone away. He might be your brother but I still get pissed when he walks by. I'd be lying if I say I'm not jealous of the way you go running back to him each time people turn you away.

I remember how your eyes used to shine on the playground, or how we used to run around and play house for as long as we could. Playing house with you, being pretend married to you, the way you used to smile at me and kiss my cheek before I left. 

If I could go back in time, back to that day in 7th grade, I'd hold you in my arms, tell you how much I love you, and how I could barely leave you. I never went away. Veronica texts me when you're crying and I tell her what to say, she doesn't know how to help you but I'm with her the entire way. I wish that you would look my way or smile at me again.

 My love for you hasn't dimmed ever since we met. Kindergarten went by quickly but I knew you were the one. I knew I'd fall in love with you and marry you someday. But I never planned for things to end up this way. I'm sorry I left, I wish I would have stayed with you, maybe then we wouldn't be this way. I wish I could just move on, or be able to hold you in my arms. So far neither of those have come true so I have one last wish for you. If I'm the reason you're crying, or if I can make you smile. Please come back to me and talk with me awhile, I miss your smile and it hurts me to even say. But I don't see the point in living without you, I'd never end my life, I couldn't leave without you. But living is harder when you're not here. I hope you know how much you mean to me. 

You're my one and only everything.

Yours Truly- Heather Chandler