I'm not clinically insane

Y/N)'s pov:

I laid awake, holding Heather close to me as she slept. I can't sleep, not because something's bothering me it's just...Heather has a grand piano downstairs. I know I should sleep, but if I want to have anything good in my life I'll have to finish Jason's song. As if Jason had read my mind he appeared holding some crummy sheets of paper. He handed them silently to me and rolled his eyes as he looked at Heather. 

"Be nice." I whispered quietly. He glared at me for a second before patting Heather's head and disappearing. I sighed and kissed her cheek as I slowly sat up and stretched. Heather shifted in her sleep and rolled over hugging a pillow. I smiled and gently ran my hand through her hair. I leaned down and kissed her forehead before slowly getting out of bed and grabbing a hoodie from her closet. I put it on and put the crumpled paper in my pocket. I tiptoed out of her room and closed the door behind me. 

Jason reappeared next to me and shook his head. "Don't get so attached." He said. "Just because you can't fall in love or pass a psychiatric exam doesn't mean I can't either." I said. "Fine. Well come on then what's the plan?" He said. "Heather's parents have a grand piano downstairs. I'll write the music tonight and transfer it to guitar tomorrow." I said as we walked downstairs. "Does Heather have any idea what you're doing?" He asked. "You were there when I told her stupid." I said. "I meant....Does she know the full extent of why? How you're killing him for money, how this is all just one big power grab, how after this you're one step closer to being a serial killer?" He asked. 

"You are a serial killer. I am not. The difference between you and me is I'm not clinically insane. I don't just kill people to solve my problems." I said. "Do you hear yourself? You killed me because you couldn't get rid of me. Now we're killing dad because you want money. You are so close to being insane." He said. "I actually passed the physiological exam. And for the record, this whole thing was your idea. Your fault." I said. "You're talking to your dead brother." He said. "You're a fucking ghost, and I'm not just seeing you Heather can see you. The fact that you haven't stripped down to nothing and flashed Ronnie already is shocking to me." I said. "Good idea. I should do that." He said. 

"No you shouldn't, this song is enough." I said as I walked into the music room. Jason closed the door behind us and sighed. "Fine. So how's this going to work?" He asked. "You sing I'll play what I think will work with it. We'll be working all night so don't expect me to just let you go see Veronica halfway through." I said. "Then you can't go see Heather until we're done." He said. "That's...Damn it fine. You act like we're writing a whole damn novel." I said. "Great." He said as I pulled out the papers and handed them to him. "I still remember. 8th of September." He sang quietly. "Man up and sing or I'll do all the heavy lifting for you." I said. "I can't." He said. "Grow a pair and sing it. You act like there's tons of people around. Let me remind you who's singing this in front of the whole damn school, for gods sake Jason." I said getting annoyed. "I...What if Heather walks in?" He said. 

"Oh my fucking god Jason. She's asleep, and even if she wasn't so what?" I asked. "You know I hate it when people watch me." He said. "Fine. If you won't grow a pair then I will. Give me the damn paper." Jason slowly handed me the paper and sighed. "Sit there and listen. Just because you can't man up doesn't mean you get to leave." I said. "Fine." He said. I sighed and shook my head.

 I spread out the papers and started playing a small opening rift. "I still remember, 8th of September, You in my trench coat, I said it looked better, On you, than it did me, Only if you knew, How much I love you, But I watch your eyes as she walks by, What a sigh for, Sore eyes." I sang as I played the piano. 

I stopped to write some notes and then hummed the words quietly as I tried some new notes. I heard the door creak open and smiled. "Brighter than a, Blue sky, She's got you mesmerized, while I die. Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as lovely." I sang.