I'm a bitch

Heather's Pov:

I hate this school. Period. No matter how popular I am every single one of these nerds deserves to die. You would think people are smart enough to know not to piss a Heather off. Especially me of all people. But I guess not. You probably think I'm a bitch. And I am. But at least I show people how the real world works. If you don't have money, or you aren't pretty. You will get nowhere. You will always be some loser that everyone pushes and cheats. You will never have anything but the bare minimum of life. 

I'm a bitch to everyone. Get used to it. But there are four people I make an exception for. Well really 3 but Duke is just asking for it. Heather Macnamara, she's been my friend ever since diapers. Cheesy friendship and whatnot. Heather Duke, or should I say Heather Puke. She is a bitch, more than I am, and that's definitely saying something about her. Veronica Sawyer, the person who is best friends with someone very important to me. She's best friends with the girl I've been in love with ever since kindergarten. Mac is the only one that knows I like her. (Y/N) Dean, the only girl I've ever loved. 

Sure I've had girlfriends but that's just to keep my mind off her. I haven't seen her in years, but I never stopped loving her. Mac would ask Ronnie about her and then report back to me. I know she broke her arm in a car crash after 8th grade, how she quickly became one of the most popular girls at her old school. Before you say it, it's not stalking. It's checking in on her without her knowing it. Huge difference. Stalking would be following her and having some weird shrine to her or something, but I try to restrain from that and just occasionally ask about her.

It's the first day of school and everyone seems hyped about something. I heard from Mac, some girl and her brother were coming back from all over the place. Usually I wouldn't have cared, at least I didn't until I found out who it was. It was (Y/N). Of course we weren't really friends anymore but that would change. I would make sure it changed. Veronica always wanted to be in The Heathers, but she never gave me a reason to let her in until now. I'm in the bathroom with Duke and Mac. Like most days Duke is puking up her lunch, Mac stands by the door and tells her she should see a doctor, and I be a bitch and tell her to grow up. Bulimia is so '17. Well it is so you can't blame me. But she really should see a doctor before she fucks up her insides. If she wasn't such a bitch, I'd help her. 

I heard the door open and looked up. Perfect Miss Flemming just walked in. Only realizing Duke was here after she threw up again. Nice going Heather you got us in trouble. Again. If Duke hadn't had to puke, we would've been skipping at my place. Not in some restroom just so Duke could puke out her insides. Great now we're about to have detention. Or so I thought until Veronica appeared from the last stall holding a forged note. She seems useful. Not only could she get me closer to (Y/N/N) but she could get us out of classes, fake sick notes, fake any notes really. It was perfect. Use the cover of she's good at forging handwriting to add her in avoiding Duke's questions and satisfying Mac and Duke because they want to meet a new member all while I get the chance to get closer. It's perfect. Of course she'll need to change her clothes, fair, face, personality and lifestyle but it's for the greater good. Everyone benefits and I get what I want. Which is really just (Y/N). 

I never got the chance to tell her how I felt, what that translates to is I was just being a pussy and gave up all hopes of her ever loving me back. Back to now. Now that Veronica is now one of us she'll have to move away from nerds. Like Martha, Betty and Jason. (Y/N) is on a different level, everyone knows her and she's popular in a sense that she's talkative and talks to literally everyone and is always upbeat. She's the semi popular version of normal Veronica. But cutting ties with the nerds was definitely easier than I thought. All I had to do was pin Martha and Betty against Veronica, Veronica would of course turn to the love of my life and her loser trench coat brother for friends. Making her bestfriends with them. Which made it easier to finally get closer without drawing attention to myself. Of course I had this planned out years ago back when I was laying in my bed like a love sick puppy wondering if the girl of my dreams would ever come back. And she did. So it's a good thing pathetic little me decided to have a plan. Actually my plan is working.

 Veronica sometimes invites (Y/N) to sit with us. Duke disagrees constantly saying she's not a Heather so she can't sit with us. But then she just gets up and stands near Veronica instead of sitting for the rest of lunch. It's almost automatic. She just glances at Duke, notices Duke doesn't want her around and gets up just standing near Veronica and talking with her. Veronica of course eventually offered to move to another table but she seemed completely fine with just standing. Duke didn't even know she had that kind of power over the semi popular girl. 

Skipping to the end of the day I saw Veronica and (Y/N) leaving together. Which was perfect. As long as they stayed friends I could see her. I could actually learn to grow up and just tell her how I feel. It seemed almost too good to be true. And it was. I found out (Y/N) was actually kind of a player. She dated whoever, whenever. Like the long list of people she left behind meant nothing. She didn't seem bothered about it when I asked. I notice her eyes dart away from me when I talk or look at her, and Veronica sometimes hits her shoulder when she's just been staring off into space thinking about who knows what. After Veronica gets her back into reality her face flushes, it's adorable really. Like someone so emotionally unattached in public is so soft in private. As if by some miracle I'm partnered with her for a project. Meaning she'll come over next week to start working on it. I can't help but start to look around my room and freak out. What if she doesn't like it? Or she thinks the house is too big or it's creepy? All I really cared about was how she thought of me, so I spent the entire afternoon and early morning cleaning, rearranging, and organizing. My room definitely looks better but I don't know if she likes red, or if she doesn't really want to come over and she's just coming because she needs a grade. 

Either way I need this. I need to have alone time with her. No Veronica, no Mac and no Jason. Just us. It sounds perfect until I look in the fridge and all I find is an apple, granola bar and a bottle of champagne. What if she wants to eat real food or drink something that's not Fiji water...oh god she's coming over in a few hours. This isn't good. What am I supposed to do, offer her an apple or granola bar with a glass of champagne. No. That's not happening, this isn't going to ruin my plan. I'll just send the maid to the store and tell her to buy a variety of food. Normal food not the stuff my mom eats like yogurt or whatever. Luckily my mom is out of town so it's once again just me here. After what feels like days of waiting and preparing she's finally coming over. I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach or my face going redder than my scrunchie at the thought of her. God I'm really whipped.