Staring at the sky

September 20th, 2019

Dear (Y/N),

I don't know how many times I've said this to myself, but I know that if I wasn't this fucked up popular girl. I'd be dating you, and if you hadn't moved away. Things would be so different with us. People come and go as they please, but you're always just there in the background. All my friends have changed but there's something about that's always the same. It's always your eyes the way they shine in the sun, or your hair when it's tied up, maybe it's your smile the first thing I ever noticed about you. I didn't see the stress of time on you, I didn't notice the way you slouched and went silent. 

I only noticed the way you smiled, how your eyes gleam whenever your favorite song comes on. I notice the way you look out the window and stare at the sky. It's the only time you seem to be happy. Truly happy, without any faking or bullshit. 

If you look at the sky that way maybe you could look at me like that. If you only knew I look at you the way you look at the sky. Maybe then you'd see what we could be. I would give you anything, I would do anything for you. You don't see my love for you but one day you'll know what it's like. You don't have to be alone. I love you. More than you'd ever be able to comprehend. Mac is stunned I could actually love.

 She lost it when she found out it was you. Of course how she found out wasn't ideal but she did promise not to say anything. We were at my house, watching some dumb movie. The Princess Bride or whatever. It's so stupid. It's sickening. The guy is "Mr. Perfect". He's smart, handsome, charming. Of course my inability to keep secrets from Mac reared it ugly head and I said "He reminds me of (Y/N)". Mac screamed like a 5 year old. 

I think I went deaf for a few minutes. She was so happy and for some reason she said I should ask you out. But....but you're planning to ask some girl out after the dance. I can't ruin that for you and I can't allow myself to get hurt. Not again. I can't stand to see you leave me again.

Yours Truly- Heather Chandler