Chapter 36: Denial

Chapter 36:
Denial

"Good Morning Pete! Wake up bro this is why you are always late cause u wake up late." Harry said as he slid a little fire cracker under the door.

Peters spider senses went off and he woke up in an instance and the took cover under the bed.

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Thr fire cracke went off. Peter got up and looked at the clock that was across his room.

"7:57!!! Damn im going to be late!" peter said as he jumped into the shower with one hope."Give me five minutes Harry!"

"Alright Pete Hurry tho I wanna talk to you on our way to school about something." Harry said as he put his phone into his pocket. He put on his bookbag and walked to the limo that was waiting outside.

He went inside and his phone received a text. He opened his phone and saw the message. It was MJ.

Good morning Harry and really quick, try better than your usual best to comfort Peter today

Why, what's wrong? Is he alright?

He's alright, I think I'm not sure, but I know that he's hurting at the moment.

How do you know MJ?

Cuz Gwen told me that as much as it hurt that she broke up with his but she didn't give me an reason.

Oh damn alright I got him MJ

Harry put his phone in his pocket and started thinking about how to cheer Peter up without making it obvious that he knows why he's hurting.

Peter opened the door and sat across of Harry and plugged in his hair dryer and turned it on. As he dried his hair the heat caused him to have flashbacks of the heat he was feeling when he fought the Goblin. He turned it off and put it on the seat and looked out of the window. As he watched the People walk by his mind caused him to remember the people running away from the battle seen.

"Hey Pete? You good?" Harry asked as he watch Peter looking out of the window.

"Huh...yeah...well not really." Peter replied as he looked at his hands.

"Pete, we have know each other since we where kids and I know that something is bothering you."

"Well yeah actually, Gwen broke up with me. I can't go much into detail about it but I'm guessing its cause of her fathers death."

"Damn...that's rough, that probably it tho Pete. It takes time for someone to recover from stuff like that, and sometimes they push the people closet to them away"

"Yeah your right Harry, thanks."

"If you need anything don't be afraid to ask."

"Thanks, ill let you know if I need anything, thanks.

When they arrived Peter got out and went straight to his locker. He opened it, he took out his phone and placed it to charge in a portable charger that he had created and installed in his locker. He grabbed his books and put them in his book bag. His phone went off, he looked at it and opened it.

He had gotten an Email from J.J"

PARKER!!! Where are the pictures. I need them ASAP for the cover of the newspaper! I don't care what your doing. Get them to me before 12 noon!

"Wow, he's usually more verbal" Peter said to himself.

He glanced to his right, he saw Gwen walking in his direction with a bunch of guys following her trying to comfort her. Peter noticed that she didn't want them around and he doesn't need his spider powers to know that. He was debating wether or not to do something about it. He wanted to because he loves her and wants to be with her, but he can't cuz his emotions would take over if he got too close.