Plans

Pheobe's (POV)

They took him from me. We didn't even hear him coming, yet he swooped down, took King, and flew away on his creature. Except, this one looked different from the rest.

This one has sharp, owl-like features. The nails were large enough to wrap itself around a birch tree. The feathers were messy and untamed, while its face remained elegant and controlled. There was a sadness in the thing's eyes. 

Although they looked full of hatred, the thing looked empty and sad. Kind and I had turned to stare at the creature in shock and awe. When I turned back, King didn't. He ran towards the monster, screaming at it. It easily took him in its paws and took off with the man we call Jason and the king we call king. 

I don't care if I get caught anymore. King and I were discussing ways to kill the thing. He gave me a whistle and said, "Everyone will hear it, but only a warlock will come." I'm glad I had it with me because tonight, I would summon a warlock.

Luz' (POV)

"Slow down," Edric says as I ramble. "Sorry! I'm just so stressed!" I grip the sides of my head in anger. "Luz, it'll be ok," Emira reassures me. 

"You're not the one setting up the ritual," I complain. She gives a smile before pulling me into her arms. 

Edric had told Emira about everything. Both me and Gus had no idea how he had had the courage to do it, but Emira knew everything. Edric and Emira had both agreed to the ritual being the only possible way to eliminate the man at this point.

We didn't know much about him, yet we knew he was powerful. He was stronger than any witch or wizard I have met. Even Eda, was no match, for she fell to him. I hoped she doing alright. I didn't know if she was even in her human form anymore. 

The ritual was easy enough. It would take a couple of hours to prepare, and we needed to set it somewhere in range of the man. We knew he wouldn't stay at the Boiling Isles resort for long, so we needed to find out where his "camp/base" was. 

That was the part of the plan we were stuck on. 

"What if all of us carries a technical device on us. They're easy enough to track, so when another one of us gets captured we should be able to follow the device," Gus suggests. I shrug and look to the other two who look at each other and slightly nod their heads in agreement.

I look back at Gus and nod my head slowly. He gives me a smile of measurement. "It's settled then. We'll go out at night in search parties. We'll travel in groups of two's so that the others won't have to get involved in this. The only problem is Luz will have to stay back."

"Yeah, wait for what?!" I look at him as if he's crazy. "One of us will have to stay back to make sure Luz stays as well. So two of the other's will be venturing out today. I was thinking Boscha and Matholomule could be two great options."

Edric sighs and looks at Gus. "We also can't lose our brains, Gus." "Ok," he says nervously. "So you and Luz will have to be the ones to stay back. I think Boscha and Mattholomule are great suggestions, but they have to agree to go out and do it."

Gus looks shocked at Edric's words. After all, they had gone through, Edric was still going to do this? I look to Emira who nods her head sadly, in agreement with Edric's statement. "It can't be Amity that comes either," she says.

I give her a look of confusion before nodding my head in agreement. Amity always acted out when under pressure. Plus she and Willow would be two people that are great at putting people under sleep spells when the children they watch aren't doing good. 

"Amity will be under a lot of pressure anyway," I agree. 

"Really, Luz? I thought you would want me to get captured and eaten by a huge beast," Amity yells. I turn around in shock to see Amity, Boscha, Willow, and Mattholomule standing there. "I'll go," Boscha volunteers. 

"How long have you guys been standing there," I ask curiously. "Since you started talking about you and Gus staying back." I let out a  sigh of pure relief before turning back to Amity. "Amity, why in the fricking dimension would I want you to die?" 

She gives me a pure look of annoyance. "Are you serious?" "Of course, Amity! Just because we're not dating,  doesn't mean I don't care about you," I sigh. "Don't you get it, Luz. I care about you too. That's why I was trying to ask you what happened!"

I recoil at the mention of the memory and she gives me a face of hurt expressions. "Amity," I reach out. She backs away and I frown. "Mittens, she's just trying to protect you," Emira steps towards Amity. 

Amity gulp. "By pushing me away?" "I didn't mean to push you away!" Amity bolts for the door and I day after her. If she was going out, so was I. "Wait, it's almost time," I hear before the door slams shut behind me. 

RUMBLE. The floor shakes and I start to run faster. "AMITY," I scream. I run down through the hallways as fast as my legs will take me. CRASH "AMITY!" She bolts down another hallway making a right turn down the next. The floor shakes and the roof begins to cave in behind me. 

I give out my all sprinting towards Amity as fast as possible. She comes into view, panting in a corner of the hallway. I dive towards her, covering her head with mine. The roof crumbles down around us. 

BOOM! I hug Amity to my chest as she whimpers at the noises and my death grip. She would not die. "LUZ I'M SORRY," she cries. "It's ok, Amity. I've got you," I try as the roof crumbles down, and all I see is black.