The eternal suffering

A.N: // Based on THIS:

https://changelink.tumblr.com/post/623202176644300800/sir-leon-probably-gets-along-with-george-very

(Somehow it didn't turn out exactly as it was planned there )

This is a story about a very unlikely friendship between Sir Leon and George the servant.

(Also everybody loves Merlin. Because duh.... who doesn't XD)

EDIT: This ONE shot is now part of a series dedicated entirely to Leon and George!!!! There will be more like this, with Leon and George as main protagonists. You can find the collection as "The eternal suffering" here on wattpad under my profile :)
Or on Ao3:

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1931605

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One would probably think that servants and knights didn't really work together. Well, at least nobles and commoners were pretty certain about that.
You guys on the other hand know – they are actually two sides of the same coin.

The servants are there to serve the knights.
The knights exist to protect the servants.

Kind of. That is what their dynamic is supposed to be. That is how the roles came to exist in the first place.
The poor and weak needed protection, so they are willing to give to be safe.
The strong and rich learn to fight and risk their life's for the weak.
A thin thread of balance hung between those two versions of living.

But with time, under Uther's rule, the strong and rich also craved for safety. And the poor didn't have enough to give. Just like that the balance shifted.
And the two classes drifted even further away from each other. Rich avoided the poor. The servants hung their heads low so the knights stopped seeing them.

The rift in their balance effected everyone's views on nobility. And with that, their status and their opinions made them drift further and further apart.

They started to believe that nobles were the top of all the classes. The poor were on the bottom.
But in truth, these were two separate systems. Yin and Yang. Each with their own hierarchies.
Their own heads.

Apart from the king and physicians, who didn't quite fit into this system -
There was the head of the knights.
And there was the head of the servants.

-----------------------------

„You are no fun, Leon.", Gwaine whined. It was a normal Tuesday. Well, apparently normal these days was monsters coming out of nowhere. The castle needed to be defended, but all the knights were chaotically trying to escape their duties. Gwaine being one of them
Which was -again ....normal for a Tuesday.

Leon was tired, so he didn't even shoot him a sympathetic glance. Because quite frankly, Gwaine didn't deserve one.
Drinking was NOT an option, when another Griffin was attacking the castle.

"We are not here to have fun, we're here to slay a magical beast and risk our life's in doing so.", Leon rolled his eyes and dragged the drunkard away from the tavern.
It was bad enough that Leon had to pay for Gwaine's shenanigans. Now he had to endure all his tantrums on their way back to the Castle.

Gwaine was the hardest to deal with, out of all the knights. Mostly because Gwaine didn't care about duty and honor. And was therefore the exact opposite of Leon. That's why he was always the last person at the great hall, when Arthur demanded their attendance. He was always the last person Leon dragged there, but he always knew where to find him.